This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
DB69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: La Porte
State: IN

Suggestion(s) Needed

Post by DB69 »

I have got an age/health related problem and would like some input from my friends here.
I recently had my left hip replaced and will soon be getting the right one done. :pale
I have a 2005 Caravan with almost 72,000 miles on it, that I am having difficulty getting in and out of.
Because of that I will need to get a replacement for it that would hopefully be of about the same vintage
or earlier, if it is in good shape, due to income restraints (Social Security is my only income) :banghead
I cannot use my 1997 Dodge Ram as my sole vehicle due to it being in too nice a shape to use year
round-Indiana winters are too nasty to expose this pristine vehicle with only roughly 84,000 miles to.
I will be 65 in about 6 months and am looking at something that possibly may have to last me a
minimum of 5 or more years.
As most, if not all of you know, my loyalty to Dodge is a preference, but would be open to suggestions
regarding Jeep. I am not interested in a car. I can no longer get in or out of any of those! :thinking
Having had major trouble with the one and only Chrysler that I owned, I would prefer
to not have another one. I lost my :censored shirt on that one, and it was the only product that had a Pentastar
on it that I had so much, and major trouble with. I have had 15 Dodges, 2 Plymouths and 1 Chrysler in 43 years :clap
I had as much major trouble and expense as I did with the Chrysler as I did with all the other 17 vehicles combined.
It was a problem that went back to Daimler quality control! I still own 2 of those 15 Dodges!
I would like your suggestion(s) regarding a Mopar vehicle that would have a comfortable ride and also have
easy entry and exit. Good gas mileage is preferred but if not, is not a deal breaker
Since I live alone it does not have to be huge as I never have more than 3 or 4 people in it tops.
Maybe something you have owned in the past or maybe even own now.
Thanks for any suggestions in advance!
TommyDodge :salut
TommyDodge
1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Club cab 3rd owner 86,330 miles
I don't drive a Ram-I drive a Dodge Ram
Dodge Brothers Detroit USA,
In Memory of Molly and Missy, My Beagle Girls

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Re: Suggestion(s) Needed

Post by 712edf »

My folks had very good luck with Jeep Grand Cherokees. They began with a new 1993 Cherokee Country with the H.O. inline six (2wd), got 13 yrs & 203,000 miles out of it before driving it to the scrap yard.

Second one was a 2000 Grand Cherokee that they bought new, still own & drive daily. Also inline six & 2wd. Has about 180,000 miles on it & not a lick of trouble.

They are probably smoother riding vehicles out there, but the reliability of these two is hard to beat.

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Suggestion(s) Needed

Post by Hobcobble »

The company I work for had Grand Cherokees for a number of years. I think I
was "issued" three or four of them. They had the straight "Iron Horse" 6 cylinder
or the 4.7 V8. All were great to drive. We also had Dodge Durango company
vehicles which were plenty roomy. My wife had a Jeep Commander that was
pretty nice too. They came with the straight 6, 4.7 V8 or 5.7 Hemi.
My mom & dad had an '07 Crew Cab Dakota with a 4.7 V8 that was pretty
nice.

I haven't heard that many good things about the Dodge Nitro.... :pale
Most of Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicles are smaller and probably would
not be that easy to crawl in & out of.

John :2cents