This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
HJS
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hillsboro
State: OR

Original Radio

Post by HJS »

I have an original Chrysler solid state radio from a 69 dodge I'm using for parts. I'm not looking to sell it at this time but I am a teenager trying to restore a 383 4 speed survivor. I was just wondering what it was worth, and it does work.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Original Radio

Post by Hobcobble »

Probably somewhere between $15-$30 depending on condition? :thinking This
has 48+ year old capacitors, resistors, etc. in it.... so there's no telling when
it'll give up the ghost. :thinking :lol:
John

64D100Poly
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Vancouver
State: WA

Post by 64D100Poly »

Hobcobble wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:46 am
Probably somewhere between $15-$30 depending on condition? :thinking This
has 48+ year old capacitors, resistors, etc. in it.... so there's no telling when
it'll give up the ghost. :thinking :lol:
John
I replaced every electrolytic capacitor in mine, I also soldered in an aux cord into the volume pot so I plug my phone in and it throws the phones audio signal in before the AM radio signal, unplug it and its just like factory.
A grinder & paint make me the welder I ain't

-1965 (early) D100 Sweptline Daily
-1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer
-1968 Barracuda Formula S
OO\===/OO

Wildergarten
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Los Gatos
State: CA

Post by Wildergarten »

64D100Poly wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:43 pm
I replaced every electrolytic capacitor in mine, I also soldered in an aux cord into the volume pot so I plug my phone in and it throws the phones audio signal in before the AM radio signal, unplug it and its just like factory.
Great idea! What kind of phone, where did you get a speaker output from it (is it the round jack port on the top of an Android?), and how did you attenuate the signal to the correct level?
'69 W200 (thumbnail)
'68 W200 (RIP)
'68 W200 383 NP435 3.53
'67 W200 383 NP435 4.10 w overload springs, Dana 60, PTO winch & flatbed dump, racks, crane, c-air (Max)
Mark Vande Pol
Wildergarten.org

64D100Poly
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Vancouver
State: WA

Post by 64D100Poly »

Wildergarten wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:09 pm
64D100Poly wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:43 pm
Great idea! What kind of phone, where did you get a speaker output from it (is it the round jack port on the top of an Android?), and how did you attenuate the signal to the correct level?

This is what I followed: https://www.instructables.com/Adding-Au ... r-to-an-O/

Unfortunately as of recent water dripped in from my windshield through the speaker grille and smoked my radio, when it WAS working I got a Bluetooth to AUX (AUX being the round port on your phone) adapter and synced it to my phone wirelessly, I could even run phone calls through it! The thing I really like is your in no way harming or modding the radio in a way that can’t be reversed to fully original, and because your throwin the signal in over the AM signal it’s amplifying and running the audio through all its original components and giving that iconic vintage radio “warm” type of sound. The radio demonstrated by chance happens to be the same radio dodge used from 61 to I believe 67/68 (made by Bendix) and all they did for Fords was change the faceplate.

For adjusting the level you adjust the volume on your phone like if you had headphones plugged in, I set mine half way so it don’t sound to thin/over amplified, then you can use you actual radio knob for volume, the install seems a little technical but if I can do it anybody can! :Thumbsup

Best of luck-LB
A grinder & paint make me the welder I ain't

-1965 (early) D100 Sweptline Daily
-1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer
-1968 Barracuda Formula S
OO\===/OO

sixpak340
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Carlisle
State: PA

Post by sixpak340 »

I have 5 1970 models here, cars and the truck.

Two of them have higher end radios, one Am / FM and on AM - 8-track.

To me, the radios are just extra weight, all I want to hear is the engine.

Wildergarten
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Los Gatos
State: CA

Post by Wildergarten »

64D100Poly wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:22 pm
This is what I followed: https://www.instructables.com/Adding-Au ... r-to-an-O/
....but if I can do it anybody can! :Thumbsup
Many Thanks!

M
'69 W200 (thumbnail)
'68 W200 (RIP)
'68 W200 383 NP435 3.53
'67 W200 383 NP435 4.10 w overload springs, Dana 60, PTO winch & flatbed dump, racks, crane, c-air (Max)
Mark Vande Pol
Wildergarten.org