This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
LAWFISH
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: CAMBRIDGE
State: ID

Any sweptline model kits out there?

Post by LAWFISH »

Looking to buy kit or two but I dont see any kits available?

THX

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Re: Any sweptline model kits out there?

Post by wally426ci »

Model haus or something makes a resin kit. Check ebay . I will try to find a link

ufo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Manitoba
State: Foreign

Post by ufo »

http://www.rmrmodels.com/Products.html

Scroll down ,they are listed as 1965.

Atmobil
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ler

Post by Atmobil »

Modelhaus did a great looking 65 longbed:
This one cost 99$ at the time I ordered it, all of the Modelhaus kits was priced high but the quality was also supperior. However, Modelhaus did close late last year. The company was run by Don and Carol and they lost a son suddenly about 1 1/2 ago (he was only in his mid 30s) and they are also closing in on their retirement age and had announced that they where going to close the business by spring 2017. They where flooded with orders and closed prematurely due to the huge number of orders. They are still produsing and will be producing kit to about the end of the year but do not take any new orders.

I have seen the RMR page and have wanted to order from them but I do not know what the quality is. I have also seen some D/W 300 resinkits out there: http://www.finksgarage.com/ but not sure if they are still in production.
My hope is that someone like Revell will tool up a plastic kit of a Dodge Sweptline. They do have a really great 64-66 Chevy C10 that have been a good seller and have just released a first generation Bronco that have sold really well aswell. Hopefully they will see the high interest in truck kits ans also see the gap that is there in the lacking of a proper Dodge kit in plastic.
Gaute Halsaunet

DocsTruck
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Opelika
State: AL

Post by DocsTruck »

Would be cool to see a 1968 version of that model. Change the hood a little over the pie plates, change the grill, and of course put 1968 on the bumpers or actually leave the tag area smooth so one can add a little custom plate. That would be so cool to have an exact matching model truck right down to the plate!!!!
Marty
Keeper Of Old Blue
1968 D100 Custom

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

That's too bad about Modelhaus owner's son dying so young. :pale
Perhaps eventually, their tools/molds will start to run somewhere else?
John

Atmobil
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Atmobil »

One can always hope that someone else will buy up the Modelhaus masters and start casting them again but the resincasting-thing is craft and a skill that needs to be learned. There are hundreds of different aftermarket producers out there but few are up to the standards that Modelhaus has delivered. For those that don't know, the resin that is used in such kits are made off is a two part liquid synthetic resin that hardens/cures in to a plastic like product. Usually done in silicone forms that that are made from a master. Both making a mould and casting the final product is something that one needs to learn well to get a good result. I have tried it my self in small scale and from what I have learned it is very difficult to get a mould without airbubbles in them and the same goes for the resin casting itself. Another thing is that if one tries to take the cast part out of the mould to soon it can deform and the curing times can be quite long on such large items such as a model car body.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resin_casting
But the future holds bright things and I think that the growing of 3d printing can make it possible to get something like a Dodge Sweptline modelkit to the market a lot easier in the future :Thumbsup
Gaute Halsaunet

ufo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ufo »

I hope I have this info correct as it's been a while since I bought these.
The 100 reg cab and crew cab without the front wheel flares are from RMR. The pic just shows the crew parts the rest are the same as the reg cab kit. The other crew is from Fink's. The red one is a RMR that I modified to a '69. The '69 (or '68 I guess) grille is from Fink's. The hood is my own doing.
Attachments
swept model (4).JPG
swept model (1).JPG
swept model (3).JPG
swept model (2).JPG

Atmobil
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Atmobil »

That is great to see, how does the RMR kits look and feel? Are they good?
Gaute Halsaunet

ufo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ufo »

Atmobil wrote:That is great to see, how does the RMR kits look and feel? Are they good?
Yes , I think they are a decent casting.

hairy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: paducah
State: KY

Post by hairy »

see you guys are wanting models?? I just sent off a 1966 4-door w-300 to be cast in resin..look at ufo second picture..that is what mine looks like..bought my kit in 2004..deceided it was time to bring this kit back out..paid $65.00 in 2004..new kit will be $75.00..PS..A1966 W300 SWEPTLINE WILL BE COMING AN A W500 ALSO....thanks hairy

hairy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by hairy »

guys..the resin dodge power wagon w-300 4-door is ready to ship..let me know if you want one...I take pay pal an money orders..shipping is $7.00 in use,resin kit is $75.00..outside of usa, contact me on shipping..thanks hairy

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rome
State: GA

Post by MadMC63 »

1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?

hairy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by hairy »

we are talking about 1/24 or 1/25 scale...hairy

Atmobil
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Atmobil »

Ok, I just had to post this here, yesterday this resin Dodge cab came in the mail from Ron Smith(hairy). He advertised it as a W300 crewcab. If I'm not much mistaken the front fenders and sheetmetal is the same on a 300, 400 and 500 so depending on what frame, suspension and wheels you use you can call it whatever you want between a D or W 300, 400 or 500.
Here I have played around a little bit with the frame and tires from the excellent Emhar Bedford O-series truck and resin rims from Missing Link (and some multi-tack and doublesided tape) to make a D400 .
It sure looks cool!
Gaute Halsaunet