This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Creepjohnny
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Santa clarita
State: CA

Difference between D100 & custom 100

Post by Creepjohnny »

Other than the side DODGE badges saying one or the other, what was the differences between the d100 and custom 100? I've been searching and can't find anything. Was it in options? Or anything?
Thanks guys!

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Difference between D100 & custom 100

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Various trim or comfort options would make it a custom. There is not a defined list.

Creepjohnny
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Creepjohnny »

Kinda like adventurer options on a d100 if factory ordered? Like PS or bucket seats that a buyer wanted?

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rome
State: GA

Post by MadMC63 »

The 69 customs that I've owned had the custom emblems beneath the vent windows, headliners, plastic instrument bezels, AM radio, deluxe horn buttons, V8's and automatic trans but that's where the similarities ended. Some had chrome bumpers while others had painted white. Several had fender well trim and lower moldings, most didn't. There was even power assist steering on some. There really didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to them. The cars were much easier to understand and decode. I think we all get way to caught up in what was exactly right. Everyone seems to forget that the dealers would do whatever they could to sell it. The latest Mopar Action has an article about a 69 Daytona. It didn't sell until 1974. Not only that but the dealer removed the nose and wing in an effort to sell it.
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

I believe you are referring to "Custom 100" and not a D100 with "Custom" badges but some of the replies don't reflect that.

http://sweptline.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... 00#p214062

http://sweptline.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... 00#p179317

Creepjohnny
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Creepjohnny »

Cool thanks for the links. So custom 100s came with side trims but no hood ornament trim and no interior trims? Amazing how different models were not extremely different. My d200 is a trimless truck camper special. But I've seen d100 and custom 100s with the exact same trim packages

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Creepjohnny wrote:.....So custom 100s came with side trims but no hood ornament trim and no interior trims? .....
Only if they were built on Mon, Weds or Fri. If built on Tues or Thurs it was the other way around.

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rome
State: GA

Post by MadMC63 »

Now that's funny!
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?