This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Movie truck

Post by 66patrick »

MY '68 D100 will be in a new movie being filmed here in Oklahoma City after Thanksgiving '16. More info to follow. They like the truck just as it sits. I might put the FARGO letters and tailgate on it, just to make it stand out that much more. Is it going to be a hero car, or just background? Dunno yet. I'll know before Thanksgiving what they want it to be doing in this film.
Attachments
D100um-05.jpg
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

my5thmopar
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Columbia
State: TN

Re: Movie truck

Post by my5thmopar »

That's cool. Just a word of advice..... make sure you read the contract and they have insurance. My neighbor let them use his car for a rap video and thy hit a door moving it out of the garage. The company was reputable and took care of the repair and new paint on the entire car.

TheMopars
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Burbank
State: CA

Post by TheMopars »

Agree, just make sure they send you an insurance cert and let you know how it planned to be used.
Look it over and make sure the dates are correct for coverage, company name checks out etc.

I work in the film industry and 99% of the companies doing this are reputable. I've rented out my
70' F100 for a couple commercials and plan to do the same with my D100. Great way to make a
little money for regi, insurance, maintenance and upgrades.

pismopowerwagon
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Caldwell
State: ID

Post by pismopowerwagon »

Have way to end the year , keep us informed
Andy

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by 66patrick »

I've done the movie thing with vehicles three times now and have had no problems. Either me or my wife is with the vehicle(s) at all times. We do the driving, sometimes, too. I read their paperwork and question what I don't like or have issues with. I've walked away from another movie deal with one of my cars a couple of years back because the production company couldn't prove they were bonded, and wanted me to simply take their word.

So, yeah, this isn't my first movie rodeo.

Right now, my wife has our '86 Ford Country Squire out on the same film. She's finished up her second day, and has two more days on set with the car. She's diggin' it!

DocsTruck
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Opelika
State: AL

Post by DocsTruck »

Cool. What's the name of the movie and what's it gonna be about? Spill the beans!!! Lol.
Marty
Keeper Of Old Blue
1968 D100 Custom

EnglandStGarage
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Huntington Beach

Post by EnglandStGarage »

How do you get in contact with these people?

I have a unique Dodge RV that I think would be perfect for a movie.

I would love to be able to make some money to put right back into the project.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by 66patrick »

California has several companies that have many vehicles that are rented out to movie productions. In OK, no such place exists, so here you'll see ads on Craigslist occasionally that a producer or vehicle coordinator will run that are looking for vehicles for film. I act, as well, so I have a good network of people that will contact me if they need what I have in a film or commercial.

Do you know anyone out there in the movie business? You might also consider advertising on CL and similar avenues that you have this vehicle available for movies and ads and such.

TheMopars
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Burbank

Post by TheMopars »

EnglandStGarage wrote:How do you get in contact with these people?

I have a unique Dodge RV that I think would be perfect for a movie.

I would love to be able to make some money to put right back into the project.
Yes, very cool and unique. If you pm me your info I can point you toward some companies ( they usually only like to rent
what they own but some may consign). You really want to get pictures of your vehicle in the hands of Production Designers,
Art Directors and the people they use to wrangle picture vehicles for them. I have some connections for commercials and
less so with tv/movies.

Here's one of the spots my F100 did in the past year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzNcTEC4igg

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

Incredible looking RV!

OKCSweptline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Oklahoma City

Post by OKCSweptline »

Did you end up letting them use the truck? I'd like to know the name of the movie if you did.
David
1971 D200 Camper Special
"If you want me to agree with you, I can, but then we'd both be wrong."

vonsense
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Edmond

Post by vonsense »

66patrick wrote:MY '68 D100 will be in a new movie being filmed here in Oklahoma City after Thanksgiving '16. More info to follow. They like the truck just as it sits. I might put the FARGO letters and tailgate on it, just to make it stand out that much more. Is it going to be a hero car, or just background? Dunno yet. I'll know before Thanksgiving what they want it to be doing in this film.
That guy called me too. His name was Jack? Sid had him call me. Is he actually using yours? He called me twice to ask questions, then said he'd be in touch.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by 66patrick »

The movie is "I Can Only Imagine" about the Christian band called Mercy Me. And yes, the guy I talked to was Jack, concerning use of the truck and wagon.

OKCSweptline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Oklahoma City

Post by OKCSweptline »

Ok, cool. I'll have to watch for it.
David
1971 D200 Camper Special
"If you want me to agree with you, I can, but then we'd both be wrong."

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by 66patrick »

Three scheduled days of filming for this week! Wednesday through Friday. BUT, these days promise to be cold, with highs in the low 30s. My wife is doing the driving duties, since I'll be at work. She had never driven the truck before, so we went out for a spin, and got gas while we were out. She's gonna have Popeye arms after Friday!

Found a problem, though. The rubber fuel line from the tank hard line to the pump hard line (about three inches long) starting pi$$ing out fuel after I pulled it in the shop! Still has those old-style clamps on it. With no proper pliers to get them off and the hose changed, it's gonna wait till tomorrow, while the fuel very slowly drips into a five gallon bucket...crap! Got the pliers ordered this evening, and they'll be here tomorrow morning. After the fuel line fix, the truck will be ready for work on Wednesday.

The truck started right up after priming the carb. If it sits more than a couple of days, a prime is required. Probably need to go through the carb, but it runs great once started. I'm not going to jack with things right now. I replaced the upper radiator hose last week. It had a pinhole leak.

I'm looking forward to seeing both the truck and my now-sold station wagon in this film. They're talking release in the Fall '17 sometime. I have no idea if it's gonna be a cable movie or a theatrical release.

DocsTruck
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Opelika
State: AL

Post by DocsTruck »

I would Love to see my truck used in a Dodge commercial. It's pretty much unmolested and all original, just don't know how to get the deal done, don't even know where to start.
Marty
Keeper Of Old Blue
1968 D100 Custom

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

My 66 W100 has not been used for a movie, But it and other vehicles from car club I belong to were used for a regional commercial with well known public personality Red Robinson about 17 years ago.
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by 66patrick »

All states have a state film commission, of some sort, to attract moviemakers to film there. See what Alabama has. Call them and see who they know that arranges vehicles for various filming. Then call!

my5thmopar
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Columbia
State: TN

Post by my5thmopar »

Our club gets asked occasionally for a specific vehicle. Ragtop Picture Cars in Lebanon TN. I'm sure you search for movie cars and register your vehicles.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by 66patrick »

We do, as well.

Filming got postponed this week, due to weather. We got snow on Thursday, so it got shifted right to this coming Monday. Good thing, too, because I discovered only the rear brakes were working! I'll have to get under the truck tomorrow and bleed the fronts. The pedal had a "wrong" feel to it; and sure as he!!, the reservoir was nearly dry for the fronts. Got the fuel leak fixed, too. It's starting and running well, so it should be ready for the film when the time comes.