This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
abodyjoe
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: s.jersey
State: NJ

showed the truck some love yesterday...

Post by abodyjoe »

after doing nothing but drive my truck this past summer because i was working on the darts drive line swap and didn't want two vehicles apart i finally showed the truck some love..

the red wheels have been driving me nuts since i bought it over a year ago.. was just going to paint the 15x7's on it white but they just looked like they were too wide on the truck. would have liked a stock set of 16" wheels but they are hard to find and then to ship end up costing like $30 each for shipping on top of the purchase price.. would have loved a set of detroit steel wheels but they are crazy money and then i need tires on top of those. plus i like to use the truck as a truck and expensive wheels with low profile tires would make me nervous.. so i went with a set of 16x6 wheel vintiques smoothies. went 16" because a set of jeep take off tires can be found dirt cheap and thats what i ended up using.. i think it looks a ton better with the thinner wheels and tires on it.. kinda stock/modified at the same time.. had a local body shop match the original white paint thats showing on the roof.. and its damn close to the original white on the roof.. in the end i'm happy with how they look. the tires (225/75-16) are a little taller then what was on there so my highway rpm lowered a little too so thats a good thing too..

before

after

pismopowerwagon
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Caldwell
State: ID

Re: showed the truck some love yesterday...

Post by pismopowerwagon »

That is a nice choice, I would think too much white at first but with the white top it really looks good :Thumbsup

P.S. your bumper is smiling )
Andy

abodyjoe
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by abodyjoe »

thanks man.. yea bumper is bent i think.. really like to have a stock style rear one.. the one on it is too new looking.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Looks great! :Thumbsup

John

davidgraham
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Montreal
State: Foreign

Post by davidgraham »

Nice work man.

DocsTruck
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Opelika
State: AL

Post by DocsTruck »

Looks good. Can you tell me the trim ring width? My truck has white wheels as well, has the factory original full wheel covers on it. For years now I have been wanting to change the look every now and then with some baby moons and trim rings but I don't know what width of trim ring would be best for the stock rim.
Marty
Keeper Of Old Blue
1968 D100 Custom

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Tucson/AZ
State: AZ

Post by slick »

:Thumbsup
1963 Crewcab
1965 Crewcab
1968 D-100 Longbed
1948 Dodge Panel Truck
1964 Dodge Polara
1957 Shasta

jimharold
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Chelan
State: WA

Post by jimharold »

I like it. I also have a turquoise truck and want smooth white wheels. Thanks for the great picture. I just couldn't find a good baby moon hubcap on white rim photo.

You said the old 15's were to wide? What size did you have on the back? I have 235-75/15 all around at this time and I like the front tire size but want wider meats in the back.

Looking Good,
Jimharold

abodyjoe
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by abodyjoe »

jimharold wrote:I like it. I also have a turquoise truck and want smooth white wheels. Thanks for the great picture. I just couldn't find a good baby moon hubcap on white rim photo.

You said the old 15's were to wide? What size did you have on the back? I have 235-75/15 all around at this time and I like the front tire size but want wider meats in the back.

Looking Good,
Jimharold

yes all 4 wheels were a 15x7 factory wheel from late 60's i guess. only like 4 or 4 1/4" back space.. tires were 235.75-15 i believe. i thought they looked like they stuck out too far. just didn't look right to me..

abodyjoe
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by abodyjoe »

DocsTruck wrote:Looks good. Can you tell me the trim ring width? My truck has white wheels as well, has the factory original full wheel covers on it. For years now I have been wanting to change the look every now and then with some baby moons and trim rings but I don't know what width of trim ring would be best for the stock rim.

the rims i took off weren't stock wheels for the truck.. they were a 15x7 from later years. not sure what the trim ring size was.. i gave all that away..