Lets talk 61-71 crew cab possibilities. Chassis options?

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
LAWFISH
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: CAMBRIDGE
State: ID

Lets talk 61-71 crew cab possibilities. Chassis options?

Post by LAWFISH »

1970 CREW CAB BUILD.

Lets talk 61-71 crew cab possibilities. Chassis options, what rigs ect?

Ok, so I have always wanted a crew cab and even bought one prior to retiring and moving 450 miles away leaving my huge shop behind in favor of 175 acres of Idaho. I sold it, a 71 and am now on the hunt for another.

That said, I found this for sale. However what the guy is selling is the body ect, no drive train. He called me, said "he had a crew cab front clip and short bed stepside." Hes 68, does not know how to send pics and had someone else do it. Today I got these, assuming its of the parts. In the pics are a chassis, of what I do not know but I am assuming it does not go with the parts as he said no chassis. So now Im trying to reach him and make a deal. The cab its self looks like someone started a project. He says he bought it from a local gal whos hubby died.

That said, I will end up with what you see. I am also in the process of buying a wrecked 70 D200 long bed and would end up with the other fender grille ect to make this nice.

I dont know (????) if the wheel base is different for a uteline or sweptline bed but if I end up with the parts, I will need ideas on a chassis and build. I used to want a diesel build but I own two Dodge one ton diesels, neither of which are leaving and after seeing gas hit $4.00 a gallon, Im starting to flinch. Plus the buy in for a cummins rig is much higher.

So, Im looking for suggestions on what to build this on? I was thinking maybe a 1995 era-ish extra cab which I would then need to extend a bit for a short bed of either variety. Plus there are now a bunch of sweptline diesel rigs out there.

Im just in the planning stages and looking for ideas?

Thx

RUMBLON