1969 W200 w/ Utility bed, did I screw up, again... ;-)

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Mopower
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Eastern
State: WA

1969 W200 w/ Utility bed, did I screw up, again... ;-)

Post by Mopower »

So, I go to on a road trip to see a sorry @$$ '78 IHC 1600 4x4 "sold to highest sealed bid" by a small town Fire Dept in the next county (I made a bid on it, but I hope I never see it again..) , and of course (or not so much anymore) I see some Sweptlines along the way, a half a '65 or so D100 with a fule tank in the back (not for sale);

AND a '69 W200 w old "Servis" box, which I checked out on the way home, and talked to the farmer, and he says make offer, never saw it run or anything but he said "runs like a dream", he wanted to keep the diesel tank/pump in the back, I said ok and offered $800. He called back a couple days later and said "he talked to his Dad and they were going to keep using it", and I'm sure I should have offered $1200, might a got it?

On the other hand, they can keep doing the maintenance on it, and I can offer more $$$ on it down the road, but I could have used a third Power Wagon around the farm... for Firefighting purposes, without tying up my '70 W200 all summer long.

This one is red too... Dang, I probably blew it, but I couldn't have him accept too high an offer, and then win the bid on the IH too, PLUS... there was a '73 Dodge Medicruiser Ambulance for a stupid low bid, and while I wasn't interested when I saw it, the more I got to thinking about it, the more I got myself to mail in a bid on it the next day, last day to make the deadline. If I get these too, I got to figure out how to get them home and got a lot of work ahead of me...

Still hope to not get that one either, but if I did... it could be pretty cool, nevermind sitting for going on ten years, rotten gas in the tank, a 60 mile tow or trailer... Looks like a 1 ton, Maxivan, all the lights, bells n whistles, not a spot of rust on it, paint perfect somehow after all these years in the sun...

I wonder what that one's worth? Couldn't find another one on the net...

And on the Power Wagon... I might be living in the past, but I paid $850 for my '70, and it needed a $hitload of work... but I can't see paying a lot more, not virtually sight unseen, but yeah... definitely living in the past. Look on Craiglist, and a running truck around that year, $7000 plus asking prices?

Saw a bunch of of pieces of Swepties, not bad for one trip, pics included;

Latest glamour shot of our "E20" high on the mountain...

For those I haven't talked to in a long time (missed you guys), I FINALLY rebuilt my winch last summer, about 8 weeks worth... too long a story to even tell here, but it works, made the handle/release mechanism from scratch, skidded a GINORMOUS fir with it the day before it snowed last fall, didn't see that tree again for a long time...

The winch.

About dark in that last pic. After a few hours idling a lot with the brake pedal on, dead battery, had to walk out of there, comeback with a jumper battery and cables to drive it home. I then bought a Mopar Blue Racing regulator (getting harder to find), stuck that on, low idle charging problems solved ;-)

That's the super helpful and patient wifey on the side of the tree, she patiently ran the clutch/gears, BRAKES and throttle in the truck, took a long time to get that sucker moving (tree is easily 28" at the butt and LONG, plus the angle of pull was off and we used another tree as a pivot point, so a lot of friction there, pulling and pivoting really really slowly. The winch in granny low does a turn every 20 seconds...

And the "E30" this winter, got LOTS o' action! I made money actually, that was different...

I guess I'll just be glad for the ones I do have.

If I said what I paid the the '70 wonton, I'd have to be prosecuted for theft... Luckily the statute of limitations is on my side ;-)

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: 1969 W200 w/ Utility bed, did I screw up, again... ;-)

Post by Hobcobble »

Great pics! I'm digging that W300 you have too.... nice!
John

Mopower
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Eastern
State: WA

Post by Mopower »

Thx Hob,

When did we come back?

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Mopower wrote:Thx Hob,

When did we come back?
Hmmmm..... :thinking :thinking Were "we" gone? ... :thinking

John