This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Enon
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 46901
State: IN

Every had this problem?

Post by Enon »

This WAS a craftsman pressure regulator. The pot literally blew apart at 130psi!!!!
Air.jpg
Now I have this:
Air 2.jpg
3 of the 4 have desiccant beads in them. Think this is overkill for getting consistent dry air? I checked it for leaks and a pressure test, that is all so far.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Re: Every had this problem?

Post by 66patrick »

Most Craftsman products are extremely bad-quality Chinese crap these days.
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

kurt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Meridian
State: ID

Post by kurt »

What brand is the 3 desiccant thing? I am in a new house now and want to plumb my compressor. In the past made a big U out of PVC and put a hose in cold water before it to trap moisture when I paint. Used it for years with no issues but its big and I have to drain it before every spray session.
1965 D200 Crew 5.9L MPFI/A518

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

U better have a water separator before the beads, otherwise they will be waterlogged in just a few hrs, esp if u live in a high humidity area.

Enon
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Enon »

They are harbor freight. The first one is a water separator only. The second one is another water separator with about 1/4" of the beads. The 3rd and 4th one are full of beads. These are also about 20ft away from the compressor to give the air time to cool from the compressor. I am just glad I wasn't next to it when it exploded!

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

When I was in the food industry , We only used metal bowl oilers/separators/filters because of bowl breakage from chemicals and hot water. For my system at home I have a NORGREN Air Filter/reg/separator combo with metal bowls. I also use an electronic water separator that is settable for duration and frequency. I have very little water problems with this. If I was to paint a desiccant filter or small refrigerated air dryer would round out my system.
This is similar to the Electronic water separator I use.http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=JN.sr7lPR ... 9&rs=0&p=0
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Enon wrote:They are harbor freight. ... I am just glad I wasn't next to it when it exploded!
HARBOR FREIGHT?????!!!!! WORST CHINESE *#%^ ON THE PLANET!!! THOUGHT U LEARNED YOUR LESSON WITH CRAFTSMEN.... :pale

Enon
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Enon »

The pots are actually surrounded by metal and I turned my compressor regulator down to 100psi. As I needed my compressor last night, I needed something right away. The pot itself is actually thicker than the Craftsman one too. I have had quite a bit of luck with the air equipment I have gotten from there. The only truly bad experiences I have had from them are electric tools.

kurt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Meridian
State: ID

Post by kurt »

I have a harbor freight impact wrench and a airless sprayer for painting the house. I have been using both or 20 years. Other than that I only buy stuff there that I need a few times. Then I found out Auto zone loans tools so I have been doing that.
1965 D200 Crew 5.9L MPFI/A518