This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Jake66
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Phoenix
State: AZ

Re: 64 D100... what to do...

Post by Jake66 »

Yes a compression test will tell you alot. Also if you disconnect the metal fuel lines and used compressed air you can blow alotof the gunk out. Also ttry clr or a degreaser of some sort, seal one end , fill the line with cleaner and then cap the other end let it sit for as long as desired then repeat with the compressed air to clear it.

Also muric acid is good for cleaning fuel tanks. Put a length of chain in the tank once you have it removed from the truck shake the tank with acid and water mixture and repeat till solution comes out clean and free of debris
1966 Dodge D100 Custom SC SWB
Bermuda Turquoise
And
White

Gigabitdrew
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Starkville
State: MS

Post by Gigabitdrew »

Would you keep the oil bath air cleaner, or go with an air filter? Curious.

-gig
1964 D100 - Yard Art Today, Transportation Tomorrow
1964 W200 - No, two is not an addiction

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Oil bath is far superior to ANY paper filter.

Gigabitdrew
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Gigabitdrew »

A new battery.... new relay switch (NOS)... turn the key and nothing. It has a fairly new looking starter, so I guess I'll start replacing wiring. Thoughts?

-gig

Gigabitdrew
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Gigabitdrew »

It has been a while...

New coil, distributor cap, plugs, plug wires, alternator regulator, starter relay, ground cable, battery cables, and wiring harness (by ez-wiring) that I'm working on now.

I documented all of the connections, and I have a manual.... I'm wiring up the new universal harness now. I hope to test the coil for spark this weekend, and maybe even get this thing to fire... finally...

-gig

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

Nice finds. If you still have the huge rear bumper, and want a smaller one, I have a Ranger bumper and brackets that basically bolt right in. I'm a couple hours north of you, outside Memphis by about 20 miles.

Feel free to haul one or both trucks up for a "mega thrash", I'm getting ready to finally rewire my 69 with an EZ kit I've had for at least the last 5 years. And swap a Ranger rear axle and 5 speed under my 49 Dodge 1/2 ton. Ranger 4 popper makes the same power as my 230 L6 flathead donor engine and 3 speed truck transmission (not much).
If I didn't build it, it ain't mine.

1949 Dodge B1B-108; 1969 D100-128; 72 Super Beetle; and a bunch of others...

64D200
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: San Diego
State: CA

Post by 64D200 »

Nice lookin truck. I've got a 64 D200 2wd. I like the wheels that are on it. What size are they? Can you tell me what the backspacing is on the rims?

Gigabitdrew
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Gigabitdrew »

WD wrote:Nice finds. If you still have the huge rear bumper, and want a smaller one, I have a Ranger bumper and brackets that basically bolt right in. I'm a couple hours north of you, outside Memphis by about 20 miles.

Feel free to haul one or both trucks up for a "mega thrash", I'm getting ready to finally rewire my 69 with an EZ kit I've had for at least the last 5 years. And swap a Ranger rear axle and 5 speed under my 49 Dodge 1/2 ton. Ranger 4 popper makes the same power as my 230 L6 flathead donor engine and 3 speed truck transmission (not much).
Hey WD... I have not decided exactly what to do about the back bumper on the W200... But the one that is on there is coming off.

And the next time one of my trucks make a trip... I'm driving it wherever I'm going. Memphis would definitely be doable.

-gig

Gigabitdrew
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Gigabitdrew »

64D200 wrote:Nice lookin truck. I've got a 64 D200 2wd. I like the wheels that are on it. What size are they? Can you tell me what the backspacing is on the rims?
I'll have to check... I'm guessing you are talking about the D100... As the W200 has stock split rims.

64D200
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: San Diego
State: CA

Post by 64D200 »

Yes, I have the stock split rims. I am not going to use them. I going to aftermarket direction. I need to know what back spacing you are using so I can get a reference.