This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
kurt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Meridian
State: ID

Moving

Post by kurt »

Truck left on a carrier this morning from Placerville CA to Meridian ID its new home. I will be following it Friday. This is the first time its been out of the yard since I started working on it. I had the carrier driver drive it on the trailer and all went well but it was scary in the rain.
on transport
on transport
1965 D200 Crew 5.9L MPFI/A518

nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rio Linda
State: CA

Re: Moving

Post by nytemuvr »

kurt wrote:Truck left on a carrier this morning from Placerville CA to Meridian ID its new home. I will be following it Friday. This is the first time its been out of the yard since I started working on it. I had the carrier driver drive it on the trailer and all went well but it was scary in the rain.
transport1_Small.jpg
Good luck, I live down in the valley from you and am a native Californian, about getting ready to get out of dodge myself. I hate what this state has became, looking for greener pastures myself. Maybe Ferguson, MO....LOL
Mike

kurt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by kurt »

Thanks nytemuvr. I am actually native to Placerville. I have been contemplating this move for a couple of years. Once I looked into the cost of living and housing plus the lack of useless laws I pulled the trigger. The lack of traffic there helps too. A big benefit is my company is paying for the whole move and all real estate costs.

nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rio Linda
State: CA

Post by nytemuvr »

kurt wrote:Thanks nytemuvr. I am actually native to Placerville. I have been contemplating this move for a couple of years. Once I looked into the cost of living and housing plus the lack of useless laws I pulled the trigger. The lack of traffic there helps too. A big benefit is my company is paying for the whole move and all real estate costs.
Most of my family is in OR, WA and ID now, slowly moving up though the years. My folks have Alzheimer's and live in Roseville. When they're gone I'm headed north. I was born and raised in Concord. Did you ever know a Pat and Shirley Moran up there over the years.....big folks, rode a HD FX ?, poor thing.

MikeMc
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by MikeMc »

Kurt, how many miles and how much did it cost to get your two vehicles moved?

kurt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by kurt »

The cars are going 537 miles I used DAS dependable auto shippers. Both tow trucks didn't even show up on the day they were supposed to. I am not sure what the Toyota cost since my company paid for it under my relo package. It seems it may be a max of $1200 though. The Dodge cost about $1800 but there is a story to it.

For the Toyota it went smooth except he showed up three days early unannounced. They came to my house with a flatbed tow truck and hauled it to a terminal 40 miles away to put it on the big hauler just like the DAS web site states they do door to door service.

For the Dodge it got weird. Since its a project truck its not covered under my plan. So they told me they would pay $1200 and i had to pay $600 more. Turns out for this DAS posts it on some web site for bid to independent haulers. The Toyota was picked up by a guy in a DAS shirt. So the guy picking up the dodge calls me a few hours before the appointment and i find out he is driving a Kenworth. There is no way in hell to get that anywhere near where I live. To top it off he wants now to come at 10:00pm instead of 2:00pm. He calls back and it turns out his son is pulling a two car trailer and will get it the next morning. That worked out but was still scary and hard to get up and down the streets here.