BBD200
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Vaasa
State: Foreign

Find of the week?

Post by BBD200 »

Hi all,
I thought to share my latest swepty related finding to you.
I was talking to a guy who is heavy into MoPars and he told me that he had seen a grill for a sweptline Dodge at one of his friends place. He told me that it was for a -69 and altough mine is a -70 I was interested in it since there is very little availability of any sweptline parts where I live.
So I got a hold of the guy, a real character I might add, and agree to meet him that afternoon. I get to his place and he shows me the grill. It was NEW one and for a 70-71! Naturally I bought it off him instantly, a good day....

Jukka

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Find of the week?

Post by Hobcobble »

A deal like that comes around once in a great while.... You've landed a big one there... :dance :clap :Thumbsup
John

FargoHPP
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
Location: In the Old World driving cars and trucks of the Old Chrysler Corporation

Post by FargoHPP »

Wow,

That's pretty surreal! Did the guy tell where he got it from? Since there were quite a bit of these as fire trucks in Finland it might have originated from some old dealer stock? Can one ask what you gave for it? As a sidenote, there's a place in Sweden that has brand new Sweptline tailgates in factory packaging...among other things.

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

And they aren't selling them? :thinking

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Post by mopardwh »

That is very cool!
Doug

caseman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ithaca
State: NY

Post by caseman »

BBD200 wrote:Hi all,
I thought to share my latest swepty related finding to you.
I was talking to a guy who is heavy into MoPars and he told me that he had seen a grill for a sweptline Dodge at one of his friends place. He told me that it was for a -69 and altough mine is a -70 I was interested in it since there is very little availability of any sweptline parts where I live.
So I got a hold of the guy, a real character I might add, and agree to meet him that afternoon. I get to his place and he shows me the grill. It was NEW one and for a 70-71! Naturally I bought it off him instantly, a good day....

Jukka
You got real Lucky! My Brother Has a New Tail Gate for a 1970 ,he got when he bought his w200 /It has never been on a truck ! & The truck is Rusted out.