This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Tucson/AZ
State: AZ

What's wrong with this picture

Post by slick »

So I paid a little more to get the Mopar transmission filter and gasket and this is the package it came in. :banghead . Guess I'll get a WIX next time, I think they are still made in the USA.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: What's wrong with this picture

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

U've forgotten, even Mopar is NOT an American company. It is owned by the wops.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Also.... we do not have Dodge Trucks anymore.... They unceremoniously stripped the
name from them. :banghead :banghead I'm not sure where they're made now... perhaps
still in Saltillo Mexico?....
John

facechicken
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Baileyville
State: KS

Post by facechicken »

For those that dont know i am a MOPAR parts manager now and this is what the gasket packaging looks like now on most gaskets
DSCN4807.JPG
All kinds of different languages on them now :lol:

facechicken
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Baileyville
State: KS

Post by facechicken »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:U've forgotten, even Mopar is NOT an American company. It is owned by the wops.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I asked my boss, since we are owned by an Italian company now, if I could transfer to Italy........they said no :lol:

EarlKann
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Riverside
State: CA

Post by EarlKann »

facechicken wrote:For those that dont know i am a MOPAR parts manager now and this is what the gasket packaging looks like now on most gaskets
DSCN4807.JPG
All kinds of different languages on them now :lol:

At least your sticker says made in the USA. :Thumbsup

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

Quite honestly, I've quit bitchin' about the point of origin of anything anyway. Boycotting has a very limited effect (usually none!). Writing letters and emails simply relieves the stress of the moment. I simply find the product that meets my needs and get it. No, I do not shop at Harbor Freight or anywhere else that exclusively sells $#itty products as a matter of course, because much of what they sell is downright dangerous. These days, if the tool or part you need doesn't come from North America, it's gonna come from China, Indonesia, or any number of SE Asian nations with low overhead, slave wages and few environmental rules. So, are you going to do without that gasket because of that? No. You are going to get that part or tool and finish the job.

nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rio Linda

Post by nytemuvr »

slick wrote:So I paid a little more to get the Mopar transmission filter and gasket and this is the package it came in. :banghead . Guess I'll get a WIX next time, I think they are still made in the USA.
Just checked a WIX oil filter.....Made in Mexico.....I think they make them for Napa and O'Reilly's house brands too.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

carquest also made by wix

W20071
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Huntsville
State: UT

Post by W20071 »

I'm not sure what is up with WIX filters lately, but i run them on all my vehicles, and every 51515 (fits most Sweptlines) that i have used said made in USA. However, some of the other ones that i used for other vehicles said made in Mexico. I guess they are in the process of transferring their whole product line down there. SAD! :banghead
I would sooo much rather pay more for a QUALITY product that was made in the U.S. or Canada. Tired of working hard for my money and being able to buy only junk with it. I wish more than anything, i could go back to 1961-1971, perhaps even farther.

nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rio Linda

Post by nytemuvr »

W20071 wrote:I'm not sure what is up with WIX filters lately, but i run them on all my vehicles, and every 51515 (fits most Sweptlines) that i have used said made in USA. However, some of the other ones that i used for other vehicles said made in Mexico. I guess they are in the process of transferring their whole product line down there. SAD! :banghead
I would sooo much rather pay more for a QUALITY product that was made in the U.S. or Canada. Tired of working hard for my money and being able to buy only junk with it. I wish more than anything, i could go back to 1961-1971, perhaps even farther.
The short one I have for my 340 Challenger says Mexico, didn't bother to look at the 51515 when I changed oil on my truck. Probably are moving their whole line down there....no EPA, cheap labor and not so much government intervention.