1967D100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Oakdale
State: CA

rare bumper??

Post by 1967D100 »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-1969-1970- ... 5d3b9e1531

Okay so im new to swpetlines and value of their parts.... but really?? $1000?? my truck has the original diamond plate wrap around rear bumper right now and ill eventually go with something sleeker since my truck is a lowered 2wd and the big bumper i have now just doesnt fit the look.

How rare are those rear bumpers??

Jason

Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: houston
State: TX

Re: rare bumper??

Post by Txas2step »

That is a late model bumper and over priced IMO. The '61-'68 light duty bumper looks like this. They are available and price varies based on condition, painted or chrome, + shipping to where you are. Take a look at the thread on bumpers in the tech. section.
Attachments
'61%20rear%20bumper%20002.jpg
'61%20rear%20bumper%20002.jpg (25.66 KiB) Viewed 732 times
$(KGrHqQOKp0FIoKUlFI9BSKSsmW6Kg~~60_3.jpg

1967D100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 1967D100 »

Nice, i like the fitment of those two you posted. I might just fab my own up tho, box it in and use thicker steel. I like the look of a smaller and slimmer bumper, but i still want the protection if someone does rearend me. I used to work at a shop where we had a cnc plasmacutter and i used to design and build all kinds of cool stuff for offroad rigs and custom projects. Unfortunetly i dont have a cnc machine but i do have solidworks! :dance

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Very, very rare. Very few trucks came with them originally. Now they are extremely scarce and hard to find. U can determine scarcity by how many u can find for sale. Start looking and good luck.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

A grand for a '69-newer bumper, and it's not even chromed??? WTF, over? Jeez, for a grand, it had better ship itself, stop by the chrome shop on the way to me and chrome itself, install itself, fix me a hot ham sandwich, give me an ice-cold beer, and give me the best b-j I've ever had!!!

Is that too much to ask?

Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: houston
State: TX

Post by Txas2step »

66patrick wrote:A grand for a '69-newer bumper, and it's not even chromed??? WTF, over? Jeez, for a grand, it had better ship itself, stop by the chrome shop on the way to me and chrome itself, install itself, fix me a hot ham sandwich, give me an ice-cold beer, and give me the best b-j I've ever had!!!

Is that too much to ask?
Patrick, your description is worth at least $ 1,000.99. :joker :lol:

68shorty
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: SoCal

Post by 68shorty »

Exactly why it's sill for sale. Rare, maybe. 1K, I think NOT!

1967D100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 1967D100 »

66patrick wrote:A grand for a '69-newer bumper, and it's not even chromed??? WTF, over? Jeez, for a grand, it had better ship itself, stop by the chrome shop on the way to me and chrome itself, install itself, fix me a hot ham sandwich, give me an ice-cold beer, and give me the best b-j I've ever had!!!

Is that too much to ask?

LOL :lol:

And give my truck another 20hp atleast

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

If your truck is a 67, the ebay bumper is not correct anyway.
Ive got a decent chrome rear bumper available for $300 that is correct for 67. It is the style in the pics above.

Plowking
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Tamaqua
State: PA

Post by Plowking »

I actually found one of these bumpers off an adventurer '71 truck. Truck was mostly all there so I grabbed the bumper and EVERYTHING else that I thought I may need at some point that wasn't welded to the body (and even a couple things that were welded to it!) $20.00 with all brackets at the you pull it. Super nice shape too. I traded it in to Tri City Plating on a chromed one at Carlisle last summer. So, I have about $350 in a PERFECT chrome one. I agree that these are VERY hard to find. However, this particular bumper has been on E Bay for a LOOOONNNNNGGG time because I have been watching it. I don't see someone paging a G for it.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Plowking wrote: However, this particular bumper has been on E Bay for a LOOOONNNNNGGG time because I have been watching it. I don't see someone paging a G for it.
As the 'ol saying goes....
Hope Springs Eternal.... :dance :dance
John

Yellow71
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 80031

Post by Yellow71 »

Is that too much to ask?
AND my Laundry!!!

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

Hell, how did I forgett THAT??? LOL!