This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
miatasportscar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Geneva
State: NY

Not Sweptline related but.....

Post by miatasportscar »

Not Sweptline related folks, but it is perhaps of some interest to a fussy Mopar lover:
I'm selling my gorgeous 1967 "C" Body Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan. It is near showroom new, 90% original paint, interior looks like it just came from the factory. It has 38456 genuine original miles on it. Recent upgrades included four (4) new radials, new dual exhaust system (complete!), new transmission seals, trans pan seal, engine pan seal, new rear engine main seal, all new brakes front and rear, new fuel tank sender, new fuel pump, engine tune up, all fluids changed, detailed and waxed for show. You can drive it daily, drive it across the country, or bring it to the car shows and win with it. It is simply beautiful. The bumpers were in perfect condition but were sent out to be triple chromed for "show". It simply is perhaps the nicest of its kind you'll ever see. Engine and undercarriage detailed for show. It drives like a dream.You couldn't paint one and do the chrome for this much money. I need $9850 for quick sale. If interested, or if you know of anyone who might be interested, call me at 315-789-3670 (office) or 315-521-1688 (cell). You won't be dissappointed, I'll assure you. Delivery anywhere for expenses.
Gerry
Geneva, NY
Attachments
best left side.JPG
best rear seat.JPG
best left quarter.JPG
best engine.JPG
best nose.JPG
best interior.JPG
best frontal.JPG

miatasportscar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Re: Not Sweptline related but.....

Post by miatasportscar »

DOES ANYONE WANT TOMAKE ME A SENSIBLE OFFER? I'M SOON RUNNING OUT OF STORAGE SPACE. THE CAR IS SIMPLY GORGEOUS CONDITION, AND WILL SUIT THE FUSSIEST MOPAR LOVER.
I NEED TO SELL IT FAST, MAKE ME A REASONABLE OFF AS I HAVE IT PRICED VERY FAIRLY NOW....
GERRY

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

That's a beauty of a car Gerry. Best of luck with your sale! :Thumbsup
John

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

Still a 4 door unfortunately..... Not a lot of people want to spend that on the 2 door version.

Try ebay?

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

You might advertise that here: http://cbodydrydock.com/news.php

Or here: http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/

I went ahead and linked this ad over on both forums for you.

You'll need to register at each in order to post an ad, but both have good results. I wouldn't bother with moparts.com, at that bunch of whackjobs think that all C-bodies are good for are "engine donors" for their POS A-, B-, and E-body "tribute" crap cars.

miatasportscar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by miatasportscar »

66 Patrick
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Yes, it is a sedan, if it were a coupe or convertible in this original condition it would be worth more than double what I'm asking. As the years go by, this car can do nothing but appreciate in value, all the high end Mopar muscle cars are in the stradisphere pricewise. Here is a chance to own a gorgeous "C" body Chrysler which has just had over $3000 spent on it to make it ready to drive safely coast to coast. I'm certain there is someone out there for this car. Wish I had more space I'd keep it forever, it drive and looks "new".
Thanks again,
Gerry

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

That is a really nice car. Those old girls were made for highway cruising and could do that all day with comfort. You will find a buyer eventually.
It will sell to someone who appreciates it.
Last edited by dodgeboykim on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cudamike66
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: california

Post by cudamike66 »

PM sent

Spdcrazy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: homer
State: AK

Post by Spdcrazy »

love those old four doors! the front end is fantastic!

good luck with the sale.

forcbodiesonly would be a great place to sell it i think

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

It sucks that is a non-air-conditioned car for the money, though. Very nice ride, in any case.

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

Find a vintage under dash unit and Wa La. EASY PEEZY.

shagrat
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rushville
State: IL

Post by shagrat »

66patrick wrote:that bunch of whackjobs think that all C-bodies are good for are "engine donors" for their POS A-, B-, and E-body "tribute" crap cars.
Amen. I've got a nice 68 NYer 2dr, black w/red bucket seat interior.... No engine. Dude put it in a 318 B-body car..... If I ever build my dream car 69 Imperial, I want to pull a hemi out of a #'s matching Cuda to go in it.

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

Had a 68 dark blue Newport 4 door for awhile. Someone stole it, we found it at a demolition derby 3 counties over. Doors welded shut, the glass broken out and a big piece of c-channel bolted across the driver side. The engine and transmission had been swapped from 383/727 to 318/727... somebody apparently "needed" the engine and transmission out of it and dumped it in a ravine where the "good old boys" found it to make a derby car.

Good luck on your sale. My 68 was clean straight and ran and only cost me $800 back in 93. Where I live now, the only people who want 4 doors are elderly church mice.

miatasportscar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by miatasportscar »

I'll post it in Hemmings Motor News next month. Yes, it's a sedan, and that's why in it's present condition (immaculate and show ready) I'm only asking $9850. First off you couldn't paint one, rechrome the bumpers and trim the interior to this standard for this amount. Lastly IF it were a coupe or convertible in this condition, it would be twice what I'm asking. Recently over $3000 was spent to make it mechanically road worthy, and although the bumpers didn't need replating, they were redone in triple plated chrome for "show" ($1200). Original interior looks as if no one ever sat in it. Are you getting the picture here? This is no "run of the mill" sedan, it's special in it's condition.
As for a "chruch mouse" buying it, maybe so. All I'm looking for is a Mopar lover of the "c" body era, and he/she will get a genuine bargain if they saw and drove it. Not everyone has $15,000-$25,000 for a "show ready" "C" body coupe or convertible in this condition, so a sedan for less gets them to the shows (and possibly winning!). I firmly believe I have it priced right and will eventually find a lover of the marque. Thanks to all of you who have helped me advertise it on other sites.
Gerry

mwalshisme
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rio Linda
State: CA

Post by mwalshisme »

That is such a beautiful car. Wish I was in car buying shape.

miatasportscar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by miatasportscar »

Let's see, the banks are only paying 1-2% interest. Might as well keep the money under the mattress. Or the smart money is buying classic cars. The return on the investment over five years is far more than any bank or stock market crapshoot. This car will escalate in value as time goes on. The "smart money" is buying classic cars, just watch the auctions if you want to get educated. Never again will a sedan like this be produced, and beautifully designed as well. When all the "cookie cutter" cars of today are in the recycling bins, this "C" body Chrysler will be in someone's garage making money while the owner enjoys it. My ONLY reason for selling it is I need the space,otherwise I'd keep it . Better investment than money in the bank, no doubt about it.
Gerry

miatasportscar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by miatasportscar »

OK, I've lowered the price. Are there any genuine buyers out there? If so give me a call and we'll put a deal together. If you love the "C" body Chryslers, you won;t be dissappointed, I doubt there is a nicer 1967 Newport Custom Sedan anywhere for what I'll sell it for. No nonsense callers please, I respect your opinions, and if you are genuinely interested, it will make you a great car to have. Not many around in this condition for sure. You will not waste your time, this is a genuine gem! Here's my number: 315-789-3670 office or 315-521-1688 cell. Thanks.
Gerry

miatasportscar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by miatasportscar »

Thanks to all who replied. The car has been sold. It's going to a Chrysler collector of "C" bodied cars in Beacon, NY. I'm quite sure he will enjoy it, not another "survivor" in this condition for sure....
Gerry
PS I'm looking, a nice Adventurer in original condition would be a contender....

janam12
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Melbourne
State: VT

Post by janam12 »

I also wanted to buy one more, but my money that i put under the mattress has gone lol