This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
drewvirgili
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Wooster
State: OH

Post by drewvirgili »

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and new to the sweptlines and I just wanted to say hi and that so far this forum has been a huge help in my restoration. I have attached a few pictures of the d100 that I took before I brought it home. I made a deal with my buddies grandpa about 6 years ago to buy his 67 dodge d100 because I love how different it is from a lot of other trucks on the road. Unfortunately my buddy's grandpa passed away a couple of years ago and I just found out recently that he actually left the truck to me! As far as I know and everyone in the family knows the trucks all original.

It was bought new in Texas and has only been in Ohio for about 8 years and has been stored in a clean dry garage ever since. Just wanted to say hello and thanks for all the help so far!
Sorry not the greatest pics there was a ton of crap in the garage where it was stored
Sorry not the greatest pics there was a ton of crap in the garage where it was stored
IMG_3547 - Copy.JPG
IMG_3551 - Copy.JPG
IMG_3550 - Copy.JPG
d100.jpg

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Re: New member

Post by mopardwh »

:welcome to the forum!!

Campinfool
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Wisconsin Rapids
State: WI

Post by Campinfool »

Welcome!! This is a cool site with lots of smart Sweptline people..
Nice truck you have there. It was nice of the gentleman to leave that to you. R.I.P. to him.
Any plans for it?

Joel

drewvirgili
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by drewvirgili »

Campinfool,

Thanks I'm pretty excited about it! I am currently restoring a 69 dodge dart sedan so once I get that painted (pulled the slant six and am putting in a 318) and back on the road I'm debating about a frame off for the swepty. I'll at least put some new tires on it and deal with the rust. Then put down a good layer of primer and drive it until I decide whether I'm doing a frame off or not. I'll keep updating pics for sure!

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Welcome to the site! :Thumbsup :welcome :usa
John

Campinfool
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Campinfool »

It just so happens that I too am working on a '69 Dart!!

Joel

drewvirgili
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by drewvirgili »

Joel,

Sweet Dart! Looks like you've been doing quite a bit of work on yours.What color are you thinking about painting yours? I'm thinking about going with daytona electric blue metallic from paintforcars.com. I'll see if I can upload some pictures of mine tonight when I get home. I don't have any pictures on my office laptop.

Campinfool
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Campinfool »

Yes, please post some pictures of yours! :Thumbsup The one I'm working is someone elses. It will be back to the original red w/black bench interior. 340 4spd.

drewvirgili
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by drewvirgili »

If you need any parts let me know I've got a handful of extras! I'd sell them at whatever they're going for on ebay....not looking to price gouge anyone just willing to help someone else out if they need something.

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

Nice project truck. Keep the canopy if it fits the bed correctly, they aren't all that easy to find. That looks suspiciously like a CJ2A behind the truck...

Looks like a fairly easy cleanup job. All surface rust or is there some actual perforation in the cab and door bases? And the front bumper is rather interesting. Don't cut off the additions if you want a smooth front bumper, odds are somebody would be willing to trade you a like condition stock one for it.

Welcome to the asylum.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

That front bumper is not a factory 66 bumper to start with...

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:That front bumper is not a factory 66 bumper to start with...
Looks to be a '69-'71 style bumper with a homemade grille guard. :Thumbsup
John

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

I rather like it, would go well with the push bar I want to put on mine... Still plan to turn mine into a dirt track or local paved oval push truck on 33x12.5-15s and 31x10.5-15s, with bed bar, wrecker lights, the whole nine yards...

Campinfool
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Campinfool »

drewvirgili wrote:If you need any parts let me know I've got a handful of extras! I'd sell them at whatever they're going for on ebay....not looking to price gouge anyone just willing to help someone else out if they need something.
Thanks Drew, I'll keep that in mind.
Hows the grill on your truck? I have a painted one that isn't bad.
Minor damage where you see the surface rust.

Joel

drewvirgili
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by drewvirgili »

WD wrote:Nice project truck. Keep the canopy if it fits the bed correctly, they aren't all that easy to find. That looks suspiciously like a CJ2A behind the truck...

Looks like a fairly easy cleanup job. All surface rust or is there some actual perforation in the cab and door bases? And the front bumper is rather interesting. Don't cut off the additions if you want a smooth front bumper, odds are somebody would be willing to trade you a like condition stock one for it.

Welcome to the asylum.
WD - You are correct that is a CJ2A behind it. This picture is actually taken in my buddys grandparent's pole barn and it's loaded with cool stuff! The swepty, the CJ, a 78 nova as well as an 80's model cop cruiser motorcycle! I do plan to keep the canopy it could come in handy whenever I want to haul something smaller that I'd like to keep dry.

As for the bumper I've been told that it was put on when it was in Texas although I'm not sure what year bumper it's from to be honest. I've debated about whether to keep it or not. If someone offered me an original bumper in like condition I might be willing to trade them for it.
Campinfool wrote:
drewvirgili wrote:If you need any parts let me know I've got a handful of extras! I'd sell them at whatever they're going for on ebay....not looking to price gouge anyone just willing to help someone else out if they need something.
Thanks Drew, I'll keep that in mind.
Hows the grill on your truck? I have a painted one that isn't bad.
Minor damage where you see the surface rust.

Joel
Joel - I'm honestly not sure how good or bad mine is yet. How much would you want to sell yours for? My truck still sitting about an hour and a half away from my house :lol: ......I'm going crazy waiting for the weather to break so I can go get her and haul her home!! I'm hoping to get it running and driveable first thing. Then I'll attack the rust and any bodywork that might need to be done. From what I could tell though everything looks to be solid with no holes or bondo anywhere except for a couple small holes in the drivers side fender.
Fender Rust.jpg
What would you guys recommend......replace the fender or somehow patch this one??

Campinfool
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Campinfool »

No hurry on the grill, let me know when you get a chance to look at yours. If you can use it- $25. I have a brother that lives south east of Akron that will be up here in WI in june or july and he may be able to take it back with him to save shipping.
As far as the fender, if it's just one spot a patch could be your best fix. It would be a plus if you can find a junk fender thats solid in that area for patch metal.. :2cents .

Joel

drewvirgili
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by drewvirgili »

That's sort of what I was thinking of doing. I'll post something in the parts wanted section. Here's just a couple quick pics of the dart.
P1250098 copy.jpg
P1250104 copy.jpg
For $25 I might just take it off your hands just in case if that's cool with you? Just need to run it past the wife real quick and that'd be awesome if your brother would bring it over for me!

Roxyflash
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Moline
State: IL

Post by Roxyflash »

That was really kool they left the truck to you!Shes a beauty too will make for a nice truck to sit next to the dart.

drewvirgili
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by drewvirgili »

Thanks! Yeah I'm trying to decide if I should paint the truck the same color as the dart or burnt orange on the bottom and a charcoal metallic on the roof. I think I'm going to put bed liner on the floor pans and the underside of the bed and cab. Does anyone know if wheels from a 73 charger would fit the swepty? I have a set of original rally wheels that I was thinking of putting on if they'd fit.

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

Nice Dodge truck :welcome ... I love the front bumper with that custom push bar on top too! Good luck with it. You may want to consider my Restoration CD... just click on the globe next to my name, or you can also click the link.

I too noticed the CJ because that is what my daughter wants for her first car.

Have fun!

Jim

viewtopic.php?t=1489