This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
miatasportscar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Geneva
State: NY

WHERE'S GERRY'S TRUCK??????

Post by miatasportscar »

Last year I sold my '65 Dodge Sweptline to a fellow from Monroe, New Jersey. I've not heard from him, and was wondering if any of you guys from that NJ area has ever seen the truck at a car show (or anywhere)? If so let me hear from you.
I'm looking for a Dodge Adventurer to replace it in really nice original condition, if you hear of any for sale , please send an email to me. Thanks, I really miss my old '65 Dodge and the fun I had on this site. Here is my email address: gerrya@linkny.com
Stay well,
Gerry Acquilano
Attachments
"I miss this old truck very much!!!"
"I miss this old truck very much!!!"

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: WHERE'S GERRY'S TRUCK??????

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

I heard the guy who bought it crashed it on the NJ turnpike shortly after he got it. He had not yet fully insured it :pale
But, he parted it out and said he doubled his money cuz the parts were like NOS. He was too chagrined to admit this publicly, that's why u never heard from him. He got $500 just for the door mirror!
On the bright side, the truck lives on as a transplanted donor in several other swepts...

Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: houston
State: TX

Post by Txas2step »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:I heard the guy who bought it crashed it on the NJ turnpike shortly after he got it. He had not yet fully insured it :pale
But, he parted it out and said he doubled his money cuz the parts were like NOS. He was too chagrined to admit this publicly, that's why u never heard from him. He got $500 just for the door mirror!
On the bright side, the truck lives on as a transplanted donor in several other swepts...
Terry... :shame :shame :shame :lol:

miatasportscar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by miatasportscar »

Terry:
Where did you get this information. I can't believe it. I want to see the partially dismantled truck. If you have any documented information, kindly relate it. Where did you get this story from? I replaced the square door mirror with a round one and I SOLD THE SQUARE DOOR MIRROR long before I sold the truck. No one would pay $500 for a round door mirror, I bought it brand NOS for $20. Are you kidding me with this story are are you telling it like it is?
Gerry

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

miatasportscar wrote:Terry:
Where did you get this information. I can't believe it. I want to see the partially dismantled truck. If you have any documented information, kindly relate it. Where did you get this story from? I replaced the square door mirror with a round one and I SOLD THE SQUARE DOOR MIRROR long before I sold the truck. No one would pay $500 for a round door mirror, I bought it brand NOS for $20. Are you kidding me with this story are are you telling it like it is?
Gerry
Hi Gerry,
Do you feel a "tug" on your leg?? :lol: I think Terry's running one
on ya.....

Hope all is well down in Geneva. I was running back an forth to
Penn Yan quite often back in Nov, Dec & Jan..
John

miatasportscar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by miatasportscar »

John:
I think you're correct, Powerwagon has a bad sense of humor I think. Anyway, next time you're going to Penn Yan, let me know, we'll meet up and stop for lunch there at the little Penn Yan diner. We could also take a quick ride to Sherman Hollow Coach, the Mennonites who restored my 1900 carriage. They do interiors and tops on cars older than 1920. Interesting shop to say the least.
Getting itchy for another Dodge pickup, most any year as long as it isn't rusty. I'm really searching for an Adventurer, but they are mostly rusted out junk the ones I've found thus far. Should have kept my truck....(sigh)
Lastly if there is anyone in the Monroe, NJ area on this forum and has seen my old truck I'd love to hear from you.
Gerry

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

miatasportscar wrote: Getting itchy for another Dodge pickup, most any year as long as it isn't rusty. I'm really searching for an Adventurer, but they are mostly rusted out junk the ones I've found thus far.
You just missed this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Adventur ... 199wt_1165

Another member just brought home an Adventurer with no rust too.

dahooligan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: portville new york

Post by dahooligan »

pm sent to you