This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
WildBill
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Dansville
State: NY

Line setting Ticket

Post by WildBill »

I am a new owner of a 69 W200 and I am wondering how I know what came with this truck? I restore Internationals as well and I know they came with a Line Setting Ticket telling me what they came with right when they were built, so I was wondering if these trucks came with something similar?

Any info would be great,
Brian

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Re: Line setting Ticket

Post by mopardwh »

Yes, look behind the seat for a "build sheet". Also, use the registry to decode your vin to find out more information.

http://www.sweptline.org/SweptlineRegistry/

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

The Mopar truck build sheet is not as comprehensive as the IH line ticket, but you'll get a very good idea with that and the data tag on the cab post, what your truck has/had originally.

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

It isn't common to find a build sheet in a Sweptline and you can't order one like you can for an IH. Much of what you need to know is on the VIN/data plate. I also have a 68 Scout 800.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

I haven't found a build sheet in any swept, ever. Bought the first one in 78, have owned over 30, parted another 30+.

WildBill
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Dansville
State: NY

Post by WildBill »

Thanks for all of the info everyone. Does anyone know what the original carb would be for this engine? I think my father said it was a stromberg.

Thanks again

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Post by mopardwh »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:I haven't found a build sheet in any swept, ever. Bought the first one in 78, have owned over 30, parted another 30+.
It does seem very rare for anyone to ever mention they actually found one. I wonder if they actually put them in every truck, or just special trucks like CSS, Adventurer, etc.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

I think the truck lines were probably better at actually removing the build sheets as the trucks were going down the line. You have to remember that these were not supposed to stay with the vehicle in the first place. They were simply a list of the options and equipment a specific vehicle was supposed to have as it was being built. I do not believe that the option package had anything to do as to whether a build sheet in a truck would be present, as they were nothing special to start with. It was just another truck on the line.

The car lines were considerably sloppier about this. That's why, generally, you'll find the build sheet in a car and not a truck. I too, have never found one in a truck; not even the CSS I owned. Versus the cars, I've always found one, and a couple of times two sheets, in every '60s through late '70s Mopar car I've owned. Even found sheets to other cars in cars!

facechicken
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Baileyville
State: KS

Post by facechicken »

I find build sheets in trucks all the time......of course its all the new ones we sell at the dealership :lol: i have never seen one in any sweptline and i have went as far as to check everyone i ever see in a salvage yard.....

I always wondered, what are the odds that newer trucks and cars are ever gonna be collectible and should i stop throwing all the build sheets and stuff away out of the vehicles i check in at the dealership.....hell alot of them have the production line checklists in them still, with times and dates on em

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

facechicken wrote:.....I always wondered, what are the odds that newer trucks and cars are ever gonna be collectible .....
Zero

facechicken
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Baileyville
State: KS

Post by facechicken »

That was kinda my thinkin too Terry......

garyo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by garyo »

I've wondered where is the tag for the paint code?

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

garyo wrote:I've wondered where is the tag for the paint code?
There is no tag on the truck.

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator
City: Gainesville, Florida
State: FL

Post by CSS-Registry »

soopernaut wrote:
garyo wrote:I've wondered where is the tag for the paint code?
There is no tag on the truck.
correct - there is no tag... it is on the build sheet. mine is coded "01" for Angus Black.

note the Body in White number "2269" was the little tag on the cowl on my tuck.

the final line seq number "L6168" was the little tag affixed to the front of the bed between the cab and bed on my truck.

The Sales Order Number "10604002" is the SO number on my data plate. the VIN is not filled in on this build sheet.

the engine number was stamped into a brass engine plate that was bolted to the front of my engine.

here's mine:

nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rio Linda
State: CA

Post by nytemuvr »

WildBill wrote:Thanks for all of the info everyone. Does anyone know what the original carb would be for this engine? I think my father said it was a stromberg.

Thanks again
My '67 FSM says they were all WW3s Strombergs on small blocks, 383 blocks were BBDs according to '67 FSM. '68 FSM says BBDs for both small and large blocks in '68. A couple of exceptions between Manuals and A/Ts as with California exceptions too. I would say it came stock with a BBD in '69, but have no definitive answer. I know 2-barrel small block cars did.

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

My 2bbl 318 1969 D100 came with a Carter. And that is all that would pull up as replacements when I needed to swap it out a couple times.

I would prefer the next replacement be an electric choke Holley/Autolite 2300 2bbl. On an adapter/riser plate.

nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rio Linda
State: CA

Post by nytemuvr »

WD wrote:My 2bbl 318 1969 D100 came with a Carter. And that is all that would pull up as replacements when I needed to swap it out a couple times.

I would prefer the next replacement be an electric choke Holley/Autolite 2300 2bbl. On an adapter/riser plate.
I just put a non-auto choke on my BBD '68 LA318 D100 and it works as good as my 340 Challenger w/Edlebrock 600cfm/electric choke on it. Not a fan of Holleys. All cars and trucks (not as much) had to cater to CA emissions then, so there are a few exceptions to what was used on your engine depending on where the truck was bought and what tranny was installed when new. You'd be better off with out an adapter if you can help it, IMO.

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

The 2300 was the stock 2bbl on FE fords for a long time. Our old 73 360FE/C6 F100 never had to have so much as a carb cleaning in the 20+ years my parents owned it. And that truck got better fuel economy than my 318/727 Dodge does. And had a front mounted points dizzy on it.

I wasn't even a year old when Dad traded his V8 68 Satellite in on that F100. He sold it in the early 90s, still going strong, used to see it at the race track and car shows when Lisa and I were out there from 10/01-3/11. Had been turned into a period correct push truck. Still had the factory 2bbl on it (hard to miss, I painted the carburetor bright orange when I was in junior high)...