diesel eng wanted

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Goldie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

diesel eng wanted

Post by Goldie »

Before anyone gets excited, I know this ain't quite the place for this. But, here goes. Of all the guys and groups of guys I know, this group pokes and noses into everything and everywhere. Looking for that perfect project. Well, here is what I'm looking for and I could use your help. An old Lister diesel. Made forever in good old England and imported everywhere. It runs about 600 RPM and will run for 20 yrs or more without complaint. Out of production, it is now cloned in China and India but I want an English one if possible. I'm thinking of generating emergency power with it and maybe other things as well. If while you are investigating that old barn or mech shop and you spot an old green eng in the corner, please remember me and get some info. In central Ohio there is little chance of finding what I want but I thought maybe in the oil fields or mining areas there may be one laying around that the owner doesn't want to fool with.
These old engs are way cool. They are cold start (no glow plug) and you spin the flywheel with a crank to get them going.
I appologise for this post but I know the kind of areas you guys dig in. Perfect hiding places for an old Lister.

Thanks for your patience, Goldie

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: diesel eng wanted

Post by soopernaut »

In a quick craigslist search I found pages of them. I didn't look at all the details so I can't tell you if they are English or not.

http://craigzoom.com/index.php?q=lister ... -range=ALL

Goldie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Goldie »

Wow! I am blown away and thank you. I never knew how to search all of craig's list. I'm a bit computer illiterate. I'll bet I can find one now. Thanks again, Goldie

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator
City: Gainesville, Florida
State: FL

Post by CSS-Registry »

bill is a craigslist mad-man!

cool tip.

good luck Goldie!

Ben

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Post by mopardwh »

Goldie wrote:Wow! I am blown away and thank you. I never knew how to search all of craig's list. I'm a bit computer illiterate. I'll bet I can find one now. Thanks again, Goldie
Wow, hey Dan! How's it goin? Hope all is well with you and your family!

Goldie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Goldie »

Hey Doug, Ben
all's well. I looked through the craig's list options and didn't find what I want yet but I intend to keep trying. I want one of
the
old ones you have to crank the flywheel by hand to start. Kind of like the old saltwater taffy machine at the fair :lol:
Dan

RH62
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by RH62 »

sounds like your doing some prepping! :Thumbsup

Goldie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Goldie »