This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
JimChapman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Moreno Valley
State: CA

And now I have 4...

Post by JimChapman »

I picked up a fully option '68 base model Camper Special from 65indypacecar today, (I know that doesn't make since but it is what it is. base truck with big back window, PS, PB, Add on Air, Padded dash on the passenger side with brackets, 3 fuel tanks,with a BB 383 / 727. The plan is to use this cab for the '61 drag truck as it is a big back window and has a rusted out floor, but solid rocker and steps... the BB and 727 for the Kustom.

The end results will be in order of Importance:

1. 69 D200 with 68 hood and steel grill, front bumper, and Huge Factory west coast mirror brackets with new mirror heads. 318 (with electronic Ing. (DONE) and Edelbrock Performer and small 4 Barrel. Additionally later model 318 heads will be rebuilt and installed) / A518 overdrive trans with lock up torque converter and Pressure Switch controlled. The rear with use the stock 3.55 gears. It addition, it will use the 2 saddle tanks from the 68 and now has the '68 camper shell on it that came on the '64. This is the replacement for the '03 4 Door Cummings 2500 HD I sold today...

2. '61 D100 SB Drag Truck with (62-64 grill) and big back window. 440 with race 727 4.56 gears on a spool in a narrowed 8 3/4. Trans and Pumpkin are done and a ton of parts are here waiting for me to get to work.

3. '64 D100 with the California Heavy Duty Frame option, Tail Dragger Kustom with 383 4 Barrel/727 done in the Watson (Bellflower) style with the '69 hood with 120 Louvers modified to fit the 62-64 grill and Frenched tail lights shaved handles etc... Passenger padded dash will go on here and be done in the same material as the seats head liner and visors...

I am going to be VERY busy over the next 6 to 8 months...

More to come...

Jim

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Re: And now I have 4...

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

And the addiction continues :Thumbsup

---