This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

The True Great American pass time

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Building trucks is definetly fun, but you've got to get out every so often to enjoy why your working so hard. So taking the 440 out for some good ole fashing Cruising, the type cruise that is dying, from high gas prices, which is all killing of the great American past time: CRUISING, its been almost a decade since the price of fuel has been over the top, in which it is changing the way Americans travel, in decades past, driving your vehicle was the most affordable and the preferred way to travel, so prices when up, which has reduced travel, and the way Americans think, now even where you live, from work, has started to make Americans change the way the think about commuting.

The Great American pass time WAS driving your machine, So today, I Cruise my American made machine the way I did in the past decades, and yes the 440 is running good,
so if you pull up beside me I will use one of my, few, but still their, freedom of choice to BURN RUBBER! :dance :dance :lol: :clap

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: The True Great American pass time

It has come to my attention, that many here were probably born in the times that gas prices have been jacked up so high, you haven't been able to drive on long trips, cruise around for hours with your friends, and do it in a Muscle machine, coming to the stop lights and having brand x pull up beside you with a 427 or 428 cobra jet, or even the 302, 327's or 455 Olds Cutlas 4-4-2, the GTO or "The Judge". All that got less than 10 mpg, and $5.00 would give you enough gas to get around for the evening.

FredM
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by FredM »

ya, 24 cents in the sticks and 11cent gas wars were a while back.
even at 7 miles per gallon it wasnt too bad at a buck a gallon,but now you can get 18-24 miles per gallon
for 5 bucks (FRN's) Federal reserve notes,

costs 2 dollars more to go the same distance :banghead

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

Apparently everyone is financially stable, their are very few even complaining about the $4 a gallon gas, don't know where they are gettin money from, but I thing alot of the big whigs need charges brought against them, or maybe it isn't that they have money, mayber everyone is telling themselves some excuss and overlooking it, like:
"we don't have it so bad cause europe has to pay more"
"the price reflects the same value at $4 a gallon as it did back in the 60's at .50"
"its supply and demad"

Ha! all just excuses and no fact about any of the statements. In the 60's when you paid your bills, the most exspensive 1. Mortgage 2. car payment, 3. other bills 4. clothes 5.food 6.energy
Now 1Energy 2. Mortgage

and the politicians have no clue on why the economy is so bad, Energy has moved into the most exspensive item needed to survive, so everyone has to give up their home, food, fun, and more just to be able to afford energy, it now requires that someone has to make more than $12 just to afford to drive, therefor many cannot afford to own a vehicle, changing our society to reflect Europe

fact is that their is more Oil in the ground than we can use in our life time, this is just a big game to change America

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

The big reason that fuel prices are crazy (as well as everything else!) is simple - Our wonderful gub'mint keeps printing money, with absolutely nothing to back up the paper. Oil is traded, worldwide, in US Dollars, whether it's the Chinese, the Saudis, or the Japanese...all oil is bought in Dollars, period. The more worthless dollars that we print, the more are in circulation, and therefore the people with the oil get more dollars for that oil, or any other commodity out there! All that paper out there causes inflation, which is grossly under-reported by the gub'mint.

Speculation, and supply/demand have to do with things, too; but notice in '08 it was primarily fuel that went up dramatically. Now, it's everything. And, they continue to try and pay down the nation's debt with more worthless printed money! It's not the corporate bigwigs that need to go on trial, it's the alleged "leaders" in this nation, along with the bankers.

It's "past time", BTW.

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

Patrick66,
thats one of the few times you've actually been more than 90% correct from my perspective, :Thumbsup

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by 66patrick »

I'm nearly always right, you just need to pay attention more! LOL

Oldguy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Reno
State: NV

Post by Oldguy »

Hey Patrick. If you are late it's past time. If you want to kill some time it's a pass time. Therefore Robin was correct. :lol: :lol: Mike

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Hmmm...... isn't it pastime?
pas·time/ˈpasˌtīm/
Noun: An activity that someone does regularly for enjoyment rather than work; a hobby.
John :lol:

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

Hobcobble wrote:Hmmm...... isn't it pastime?
pas·time/ˈpasˌtīm/
Noun: An activity that someone does regularly for enjoyment rather than work; a hobby.
John :lol:
I agree, that was the first thing I thought of when I read this thread.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by 66patrick »

Yeah, "pastime" is with one "T". "My favorite pastime is Mopars"

"Pass Time" is a TV show.

"Past time" is when something is scheduled or expected, and it's late, it's "past time".