This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
tastypinecone
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Tucson
State: AZ

Question about the forum?

Post by tastypinecone »

I noticed a lot of the members have the same joined date (Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm) what is the deal with that?
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
1965 D100

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Tucson/AZ
State: AZ

Re: Question about the forum?

Post by slick »

I think they re-upped the sight a few years back. I joined about 11 years ago.
1963 Crewcab Cummins
1961 Dodge D100
1964 Dodge Polara

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

KrisW created the original site many yrs ago. Eventually, Scott came on the scene with big ideas on how to expand it and "improve" it (subject to debate). Kris moved on in life and passed it off to Scott. At first, it was a seamless migration to a new host, maintaining original join dates, post counts, etc. Unfortunately, there wer some security issues, and other problems, which required a subsequent migration. Scott was either unable, or never got around to, recovering the lost data which resulted in all member's at the time receiving a default join date. Some, like Scott IIRC, joined before they were born. :lol:

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

tastypinecone wrote:I noticed a lot of the members have the same joined date (Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm) what is the deal with that?
I always see Thu Jan 1, 1970 10:00 am but many other have mentioned the date you posted. What's up with that?

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

It will change based on the time zone u set the forum to. I just changed mine to UTC (GMT) and the join dates changed to Thu Jan 1, 1970, 12:00am. So, if u are seeing 10am, all the post times u are seeing on the forum are set at somewhere in asia. Go to the user control panel and set your profile to your personal time zone.
The actual time of this post is 5:57pm PST. Adjust for your time zone and if the indicated time on the forum is incorrect, then your profile is not set to your time.

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: KC, MO

Post by nfury8 »

Migrating data between forum packages can be a real pain, done it a couple times myself. From my experience, a join date quickly becomes non essential, compare dto all the other details that have to sync and the consequences if they don't.

So everyone that was a member before the move got their date set to the standard epoch of POSIX time, midnight UTC Jan 1, 1970, the beginning of time for Unix and most modern computer systems.
71 D100 Adventurer SE - PowerWagon conversion
70 W200 CrewCab - Urban Assault Kiddie Hauler
69 Plymouth Fury III Convertible - Pro Touring Machine
69 Plymouth Fury III Convertible - Beater, Hiding in a cave