speakers for a sweptline..looky matt, i found them!!!!!

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

speakers for a sweptline..looky matt, i found them!!!!!

Post by wideblock »

for all you guys looking at a speaker solution, here it is. i bought these at wal mart tonight, $43 for the pair with all mounting brackets. they are 100watt auto theater speakers. made by a company called virtual reality sound labs. and if your wondering, thats a 20oz pepsi bottle next to them for reference on size. they fit nicly on either side of the gas tank and they are already in an encloseure. plan on screwing the bracket to the bottom of the flat area where the tank sits, centered of course in the space next to the tank, then the speaker units just snap into the bracket. as you can see on one of the speakers, they rotate to distribute sound equally. they consist of 2 2.5inch sub bass and one mylar cone tweeter. i hooked them up to my home steroe as a test, and they sound pretty good, not sure how they will sound in the steel cab, but they sounded right in my living room. just thought id share the find, if you want, my wal mart has them on clearence at the $43 price plus tax of course, if your aint got them, ill be happy to hook you up, but you better hurry, they only had 6 sets left.
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

farmhand66css
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Portsmouth RI

Post by farmhand66css »

Trey they look good. might be easier to install them then a 4x6 by the tank. be sure to post a pic when they are installed.

Matt
Farmhand 66 CSS
66 D100 CSS
65 A100 pop-top van
1978 shortbed stepside