Hobcobble, you got your ears on???

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
MikeMc
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Hobcobble, you got your ears on???

Post by MikeMc »

Hows the fancy F-250 working out pushing snow? Got any action pics?

I bet you ain't missing that old sweptline with no heater :lol:

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Hobcobble, you got your ears on???

Post by Hobcobble »

MikeMc wrote:Hows the fancy F-250 working out pushing snow? Got any action pics?

I bet you ain't missing that old sweptline with no heater :lol:
Mike,
My ears are underneath a nice warm trooper cap :lol: I haven't had to hook up
the plow yet.... won't be long though :pale I live up in the NW corner of NY State
and we're spared a lot of the "lake effect" snow storms that come across Lake Erie.
The storms out of the NE that come across Lake Ontario are the ones that really
ruin my day :lol: As long as the Great Lakes remain unfrozen.... the "lake effect"
storms will occur. The folks further east [Syracuse, Albany, Watertown, etc.] really
get plastered all Winter long. Where I work [Williamsville.... suburb of Buffalo, NY]
is in a "lake effect snow band"..... we have a good deal more snow here at the office
than I do at home 18 miles North.

My F350 isn't fancy.... its an XL work truck. It has good torque at a lower RPM that is
nice for plowing and.... most importantly.... it has a heater. :lol: I'll get some pics
when the snow piles up a bit.
Johh

MikeMc
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by MikeMc »

Hey John, I thought you posted a picture of your F-350 in the garage and it had the big chrome grill :thinking . My XL F-350's have the black grill and I even got the upgrade package with A/C, tilt, and cruise control. Does yours have a chrome package or are my wires crossed and your grill is black?

Can't remember but did you pay the extra 7 grand for the diesel or stick with gas?

I have 2 gas trucks and 4 diesel and the gas ones hardly ever give any troubles at all. I'm starting to think with all the extra service and maintenance costs with the diesel that the V-10 gas is a better option.... but the problem is once a diesel man always a diesel man :Thumbsup .

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

MikeMc wrote:Hey John, I thought you posted a picture of your F-350 in the garage and it had the big chrome grill :thinking . My XL F-350's have the black grill and I even got the upgrade package with A/C, tilt, and cruise control. Does yours have a chrome package or are my wires crossed and your grill is black?

Can't remember but did you pay the extra 7 grand for the diesel or stick with gas?

I have 2 gas trucks and 4 diesel and the gas ones hardly ever give any troubles at all. I'm starting to think with all the extra service and maintenance costs with the diesel that the V-10 gas is a better option.... but the problem is once a diesel man always a diesel man :Thumbsup .
My XL has the black grille with chrome bumper. I like the chrome [translation: shiny plastic :lol: ] grille but to add it now
would run me $500 from the dealer. Maybe I'll keep my eyes out for a boneyard pick.... its no big deal either way. I have the
snow plow package [HD alternator, HD front springs, etc.]. My truck has the 5.4L Triton. It has plenty of horse power and
torque to do everything I need it to do. I don't have enough "heavy work" to justify a diesel. I plow snow, haul firewood and
the occasional load of gravel.... nothing extreme....
John

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Here's a front end shot for you Mike.....
DSCF0219.JPG
John

DocsTruck
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Opelika
State: AL

Post by DocsTruck »

:thinking Dude that is like Blasphemy posting a picture of a Fard truck on a Dodge Sweptline forum!!! :shame

:lol: :joker Just kidding :dance
Marty
Keeper Of Old Blue
1968 D100 Custom

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

DocsTruck wrote::thinking Dude that is like Blasphemy posting a picture of a Fard truck on a Dodge Sweptline forum!!! :shame

:lol: :joker Just kidding :dance
LMAO!.... yeah.... I knew I might take a pounding if I posted it. :lol:
Dodge lost me as a customer. They had ample opportunity to keep
me "in the family".... to the tune of going to six different dealerships.
In the end.... it wasn't even close :pale I still haven't figured out what
they were all smoking :thinking :joker
John

injunjoe
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by injunjoe »

John, I can respect your decision to go with a Ford. They are the only US automaker thats not on the dole, in fact their stock has been doing well.The only thing I bet you'll miss is that unmistakable smell you get in the cab of an old Sweptline,I think it acts as a drug. Hope you have a mild winter up there. I guy I worked with in Boston retired and built a camp in Malone and I hope to get up next summer and check it out. Joe

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

injunjoe wrote:John, I can respect your decision to go with a Ford. They are the only US automaker thats not on the dole, in fact their stock has been doing well.The only thing I bet you'll miss is that unmistakable smell you get in the cab of an old Sweptline,I think it acts as a drug. Hope you have a mild winter up there. I guy I worked with in Boston retired and built a camp in Malone and I hope to get up next summer and check it out. Joe
Hi Joe,
I guess F*rd came out of the whole mess a little better than Chrysler & GM. They
did just announce that they're offering everyone an early retirement/severance
package in hopes to trim their work force by a few thousand.... times are still
tough out there, credit is still tight and folks aren't flocking to the dealerships.

My first choice is a Dodge. I gave a handful of Dodge dealerships an opportunity
to earn my business. They were all pathetic. This was at the "peak" of the financial
turmoil last December. It was a buyer's market if you had credit.... which I did.
Seeing as F*rd is the only other truck out there that has a solid front axle, I started
doing some comparisons. Just like Dodge, F*rd had everything I need for what I
need to do. Additionally, they offer a one ton single rear wheel gas engine model.
I always have thought that Dodge went wrong when they did away with the SRW
W350 gas engine trucks. Now, with them being part of FIAT, I don't see a real bright
future for the RAM trucks..... they're already screwing up the Dakotas.... what's
next? :pale When I'm ready to trade this F350 in a few years from now, and IF
RAM is still around and viable, we'll see what happens.

On the "cab smell" topic.... I can always jump into one of my Sweptlines after
driving my F350 and take a few deep breaths to "cleanse" myself. :lol: :joker
John

MikeMc
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by MikeMc »

Nice looking truck John :Thumbsup . You got anything in the bed? I put a 600# 4x8 1/4" plate in the back of my trucks on a rubber mat and it sure does help. It keeps the rear from bouncing around and gives extra bite on those rear wheels. Most of all it really helps the ride with the extra weight.

One truck has the 5.4 and man does it like to rev when the tow haul button is on. Shifts between 4,500 and 5,200 rpm :pale . But it's never been in the shop :dance

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

MikeMc wrote:Nice looking truck John :Thumbsup . You got anything in the bed?
Mike,
I have about 500lb of chimney block in the back.
John :Thumbsup

caseman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ithaca
State: NY

Post by caseman »

I think if I had to I'd Buy a Chevy, =General Salvage at least we;d know where its headed when it's junk time.