This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
moparman64
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: prineville
State: OR

Re: What can I do in my Sweptline

Post by moparman64 »

ive had mine flat out on the freeway. and all she got is about 85-90! with a 3 on the tree 4.10 gears and a slanty they really dont have much top end!
life is too damn short to have a boring ride!

64 D-100 short wide /6 with 3 on da tree!
96 dodge neon sedan SRT-4 2.4T swap
78 mercury marquis wagon, 514 stroked big block
78 ford pinto 302/aod 4 speed

dahooligan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: portville new york

Post by dahooligan »

Last year on the way to a carshow and was on expressway .My son was following behind in his car.If I came upon a car I passed it ,didn't think anythig about it as speedo said about 70.(pushing the 65 limit).Once we got to our destination my son asked why I was driving so fast and told him 70 was all I was going and he laughed and said by his speedo we were running over 85 and I keep pulling away.Can speedo read wrong at higher speeds as I have had it checked and 35-50mph and checked out ok.(local cops a friend and used his radar).I do know at the speed I was going it was smooth and not close to allout as I still had lots of gas peddle left.Gears are 391s with 235/70r-15 tires....pat

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

dahooligan wrote:Last year on the way to a carshow and was on expressway .My son was following behind in his car.If I came upon a car I passed it ,didn't think anythig about it as speedo said about 70.(pushing the 65 limit).Once we got to our destination my son asked why I was driving so fast and told him 70 was all I was going and he laughed and said by his speedo we were running over 85 and I keep pulling away.Can speedo read wrong at higher speeds as I have had it checked and 35-50mph and checked out ok.(local cops a friend and used his radar).I do know at the speed I was going it was smooth and not close to allout as I still had lots of gas peddle left.Gears are 391s with 235/70r-15 tires....pat

If your speedometer is off it will be off by a ratio. At slower speeds it will be closer to what it reads. The faster you go the more it will be off. I had a Dakota with oversized tires. When the speedometer read 30 I was going 34. When it read 70 I was going 79. I didn't find this out until after I got a ticket.

meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by meangreen »

my excitement will be driving my truck down a perfectly smooth road, dropping the front end to oh say 3 inches, then dropping the rear all the way to the ground and DRAGGIN it :D

watch the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY18Zqy355U
DeviantS c.c.
the lower to the ground the closer to hell, thats where were all goin anyway. if sparks dont fly your to high

1970 d-100
76 360, 727 3 speed auto.

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

What is the time frame for you to finish the truck, meangreen?

meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by meangreen »

next year me thinks
DeviantS c.c.
the lower to the ground the closer to hell, thats where were all goin anyway. if sparks dont fly your to high

1970 d-100
76 360, 727 3 speed auto.

SEVENTYONEDUDE
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 80931

Post by SEVENTYONEDUDE »

MountainMoparRobin wrote:have you ever thought if you were under no pressure of worrying about breaking the law, or gettin a ticket, just what can your Sweptline do? Have you just wanted "to let it all hang out?" Do you wish you could just floor it and see what she'll do?
U know me, always late to the party....

To answer your question with another....

CAN I DO IT NAKED ? :dance

Jim :salut
1971 Dodge Dude D200 Camper Special 383 2bbl/4 spd NP 435
1981 AMC Eagle SX4 Daughter's
1982 AMC Eagle SX4 Son's
1988 Mercedes 580 SEL MINE!
1976 Honda Z50A 88 cc/Turbo charged... 60+ MPH! VROOM!!! AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH........

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Sure, their will be females present, some are owners of Sweptlines, but keep in mind I already told everyone its FREE, so if you're planning to charge for your show, well you'll have to be cheap :lol: