This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

What can I do in my Sweptline

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

have you ever thought if you were under no pressure of worrying about breaking the law, or gettin a ticket, just what can your Sweptline do? Have you just wanted "to let it all hang out?" Do you wish you could just floor it and see what she'll do?

Yellow71
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 80031

Re: What can I do in my Sweptline

Post by Yellow71 »

There is always Bonneville :lol:
Attachments
This Streamliner went 308 mph in 1998, using a stock 528 HEMI Crate Engine... &quot;The Worlds Fasted Crate Engine&quot; as advertised by MOPAR...that is me...second from the right...<br /><br />The car went 332 mph in 2000 after improvements were made to engine and car. As a result David Dozier became a member of the &quot;300 mph Club&quot;...
This Streamliner went 308 mph in 1998, using a stock 528 HEMI Crate Engine... "The Worlds Fasted Crate Engine" as advertised by MOPAR...that is me...second from the right...

The car went 332 mph in 2000 after improvements were made to engine and car. As a result David Dozier became a member of the "300 mph Club"...

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

There are countless tracks around the country where u can do that easily and affordably

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: KC, MO

Post by nfury8 »

My thought isn't how fast, but where could I go?
I see hills and obstacles that make think "I bet I could climb that!!"
But of course they are usually places that would be ugly if I got caught or stuck.
71 D100 Adventurer SE - PowerWagon conversion
70 W200 CrewCab - Urban Assault Kiddie Hauler
69 Plymouth Fury III Convertible - Pro Touring Machine
69 Plymouth Fury III Convertible - Beater, Hiding in a cave

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

My thoughts arent how fast the motor would take it, but how fast until it gets uncontrolable in one of these rattle-traps. :lol:

all that steel makes for a bumpy ride in the city sometimes. :joker

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

Wally426ci, judging from your post you've got alot of work to do, for when the trucks were built the speed limit was 70 mph and they were built to do that. Pwrwgndrver, your Right and September we are having a get together at a Motor Sport Park, AND ITS FREE FOR THOSE WHO DRIVE SWEPTLINES :Thumbsup I'm going to go check out the facility :dance :clap

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

:lol:

well, it speeds along just fine. I just mean that at least mine takes the bumps pretty hard in the front end with the whole leaf spring system and all. Its something im not used to yet.

:salut

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

sounds like they may be worn out, for the ride, when the springs are doing their job, isn't much different than the IFS. But everything takes time and you've got alot going on.

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

hey robin, look up the silver state classic race. you could be the first sweptline to ever join it, if you beat me to it. :Thumbsup
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

I'll check it out. :usa

Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bismarck
State: ND

Post by Cageman »

I do 90 everywhere in my diesel, speedlimit is 75, but no one has seemed to mind, and that is pulling my race trailer. Oh and that is almost all it will do.

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

And that is a good point, September we have access (free for Sweptline trucks) to the Colorado Motor Sports Park, it has a track, with no speed limit. :Thumbsup

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

Wideblock,
just dawned on me, that I'll be the first to do so many things, Since I'll participate in the September event and this will be the first time in the History of the trucks that a Race track or Motor Plex has ever been booked for a Sweptline! Then to top that off its FREE, how many race tracks, Motor Parks, or events that allow the participants to get in FREE?

BrowneBlue
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by BrowneBlue »

For me, I don't live so exciting of a life, I would just like to see how many miles I could rack up. Could I drive it from Iowa to....Tennesse? Colorado? Could I make my '67 operate like an every-day-driver-modern-vehicle. I think that would be interesting to see. I'm sure some of you already have.

quickd100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: nielsville, mn.
State: MN

Post by quickd100 »

Last summer I was tuning my dual quads and wanted to get some LM-1 recordings in high gear. I stepped on it at 70mph and hit the record button while deciding to stay with it until 7000rpm in high gear. (it doesn't take more than a few seconds to get there) As the tach got to 6500 I noticed the frontend rising. At about 7000 the truck swapped lanes on me as the front tires had left the ground from all the air building up under the truck. Lucky for me I dropped the throttle and it quicky lost enough speed to get the frontend firmly planted on the road again. My estimated speed was 130-132 at 7000rpm. I had a NHRA approved rollbar, and a 5 point harness on but I was puckered down to the seat so hard I doubt I would have needed it.
So for you guys out there that want to 'see what it will do', Just remember, these trucks compare favorably areodynamicly to a barn door. I had a split second warning and didn't realize what was happening until it was almost to late. Dave
tunnel rammed 528 Hemi powered

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: KC, MO

Post by nfury8 »

I have had my 71 up to 90 mph before. I think it had more in it, but that is
when it threw all 3 belts!!!

The Good Guys show at the Kansas Speedway lets you take 3 laps each year.
I take my Fury every year. The high banks are crazy! 110 on the back stretch so far!
They let out about 30 cars at a time. I would pay decent money to be let out there
by my self!!
71 D100 Adventurer SE - PowerWagon conversion
70 W200 CrewCab - Urban Assault Kiddie Hauler
69 Plymouth Fury III Convertible - Pro Touring Machine
69 Plymouth Fury III Convertible - Beater, Hiding in a cave

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

I've driven mine through numerous states and on long trips even used it to move, that is the easy part, doesn't take much for that to happen, that was a part of the engineering at the beginning.
quickd100
you need to drop yours, couple of other things but I'm sure you have already figured that part out. :Thumbsup

Ody
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Wausau
State: WI

Post by Ody »

Saw the title and first thought of of the fun to be had in the camper topper I'm putting on mine :lol: . Mine's keeping the slant6 and just getting hopped up to cruise nicely on the highway. You guys that soup up these Sweptys are nuts, but I mean it in the best of ways. What I'm gonna do in my swepty is go on crazy adventures river tubing, camping, tailgaiting. Shes going to be geared to the gills. I'll leave the racing to the race'trucks'

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

Ody, thats a good build, bring your truck to the Colorado Motor Sports Park in Dear Trail on September 26th 2009, we have the facility all for Sweptlines, 90% of the trucks to be their will be just like yours, built to drive and have fun :usa

Ody
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Wausau
State: WI

Post by Ody »

I'd love to make it out for that. I went to school out in Denver for a year and have friends there to visit. I just don't Know if the truck will be up for it by then or what my school schedule here will be like. One things for sure is my trucks not making the Wisconsin-Colorado trip as slow as it did last time :lol: Once i get another car to use as a daily driver the trucks coming off the road to fix the holes in the floor. Then we'll talk roadtrips :salut