Anyone in Albuquerque, Phoenix or Denver?

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Re: Anyone in Albuquerque, Phoenix or Denver?

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Are you driving or flying?

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

MountainMoparRobin wrote:Are you driving or flying?
Driving, How would I meet people in points in between if I was flying?

SEVENTYONEDUDE
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 80931

Post by SEVENTYONEDUDE »

Rodger wrote:Hola There

As all know from just looking at just below my name, I am in Colo Spgs.

You are welcome to stop and spend the night if you want. We have
room for all that are with you ( as long as you do not have an ex Trail-
Ways Bus ).

Rodger & Gabby
COS
If you decide to hook up with Roger and the rest of us here in the "Springs", I'll pick Rog up in my Dude to come out and shake your paw.

Jim :salut
1971 Dodge Dude D200 Camper Special 383 2bbl/4 spd NP 435
1981 AMC Eagle SX4 Daughter's
1982 AMC Eagle SX4 Son's
1988 Mercedes 580 SEL MINE!
1976 Honda Z50A 88 cc/Turbo charged... 60+ MPH! VROOM!!! AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH........

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

Everyone you posted has an airport and SouthWest fly's to each. Its just over 1 hour from Rogers house up here to Lakewood, would be faster but the traffic on I25 will slow you down. Yellow 71 is further North, so hopefully if things work out we can all meet here,

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

soopernaut wrote:
MountainMoparRobin wrote:Are you driving or flying?
Driving, How would I meet people in points in between if I was flying?
Helicopter? :joker
John

FatSlick70
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Albuquerque
State: NM

Post by FatSlick70 »

Hey all, just heard from Soopernaut an hour ago. I guess he is kicking around yards here tomorrow. I'll meet up with him in the afternoon and then I think Friday he is on the way to Phoenix. Just a heads up to you guys in AZ since he doesn't have a cell phone.
Robert Hubbell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy-WUj2Nftk
70 Cougar XR-7 351 Cleveland,
70 Maverick 308,71 Torino 302,71 Ranchero 351 Cleveland w/Aussie heads,93 Ranger 6 inch drop,68 D-100 383 & 727,69 D-100 Builder,69 D-100 Adventurer 383 & 727 (parts), 63 D-100 Short bed, keeper/builder

legacyABQ
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by legacyABQ »

Well, just for the record, I'm in Albuquerque too..

My dodge, however, is presently, er, "Resting" in Kerrville Texas! :banghead

I'll be going to get it soon..

Say, got any rebuilt heads out there in Cruces for sale? :lol:

.... I can see all you guys know each other, I figured I'd just throw in my locale cuz its interesting to find out where everyone is...

Beautiful Sunday here in NM!
..there's no longer anything new to say about corn..

1968 D200 Camper Special 383ci 727 PwrSteering

1965D100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Mesa AZ

Post by 1965D100 »

Met with Soop yesterday, and spent most of the day with him. Nice guy, took him out to DVAP and met up with Jeff here in Mesa.

Lucky guy ended up finding a stem mounted mirror, no mirror, but the stem was in good condition.

He took off about 4 yesterday and should have made it to CO by his deadline today.
1965 Dodge D100

My ongoing re-build: Clickety-Click!

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

I'm back. I met with Nfury8, FatSlick70, 65Alive, 1965D100, JeffZ and the guy with the collection in NE. Those who did not receive a visit are the same as those who did not answer their phones.

I saw roughly 37 Sweptlines, not counting the collection in NE or the AZ salvage yard. I got to drive 65Alive's truck with the 72 front clip and 4 wheel discs. That was a very nice driving truck. I only saw 3 Sweptlines on the road, the one I drove, a Tan 70-71 in Phoenix and a nice Turquoise pie plate truck in Aurora CO. I wonder if the last truck could have been a member's truck? :thinking

FatSlick70
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by FatSlick70 »

It was great to spend time with ya, and talk about how we each want to build our trucks.
Robert Hubbell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy-WUj2Nftk
70 Cougar XR-7 351 Cleveland,
70 Maverick 308,71 Torino 302,71 Ranchero 351 Cleveland w/Aussie heads,93 Ranger 6 inch drop,68 D-100 383 & 727,69 D-100 Builder,69 D-100 Adventurer 383 & 727 (parts), 63 D-100 Short bed, keeper/builder

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

No one from Aurora on here, closes would have been chargerpowerwagon he is the next subdivision south, my phone didn't ring, but as you knew I was watching daughter with softball. How did you end up in Aurora? you must have taken 225 to I70? You were about 30 miles east of me I'm on Green Mountain.
But as DB69 knows, you see Sweptlines driving, and sitting everywhere you look here :salut

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

MountainMoparRobin wrote:No one from Aurora on here, closes would have been chargerpowerwagon he is the next subdivision south, my phone didn't ring, but as you knew I was watching daughter with softball. How did you end up in Aurora? you must have taken 225 to I70? You were about 30 miles east of me I'm on Green Mountain.
But as DB69 knows, you see Sweptlines driving, and sitting everywhere you look here :salut

I called the number you gave me about 4:30 on Sunday. I figured your daughter's softball may have been rained out. I can't believe it turned into about 4 inches of snow.

I drove around the entire metro looking for Sweptlines and I only saw 4. I was in Denver in 2003 and I would see them and other old vehicles all over the place. This time I had to actually look for them. It seems to me that New Mexico has the most old vehicles that I saw.

The collection in Nebraska had the most Sweptlines. I couldn't even get an accurate count and I didn't even get to see all of them. There were 2 CSS/HPP trucks(1 with the original engine in it) , 1 or 2 CSS trucks, 2 Dudes, a 4 headlight truck with an original 170 in it, two 61s, a 50s medium duty truck with a factory Nickel-Chromium block L-head inline 6 with dual carbs, a Palomino, a row of Rampages, many Sweptsides including a Fargo, a 78 with a factory Mitsubishi 243 diesel, a bunch of 50s trucks that I don't know much about, Studebakers and countless other trucks. The guy can rattle of information like I've never heard either.

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

Seeing that collection has got to be the trips highlight, we were in Loveland at 6:30am to start on the championship brackets, we were eliminated 1st game. your travel time alone would come close to eating up the day. I was in the garage with door closed getting the front end of the Willy's done and got done late. futher west here in the foothills you as others can see trucks are sittin at peoples houses, DB69 and I while just doing the paperwork on the 83 saw some that I hadn't seen before, just adding the numbers to all my neighbors who own them, my neighbor hood has 85% of home owners with seperated garages and at least 2 projects :salut

Oxdodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Oxdodge »

Albuquerque in the house! Or rather, Kirtland AFB. I know the thread's from April but I just joined a little while ago so cut me some slack. :lol:
2004 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Pontiac Bonneville
1966 Ford Mustang
1965 Dodge D100
1973 Humanoid Caucasian
...all made in USA