talked to a sweptline salesman today

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: talked to a sweptline salesman today

Post by soopernaut »

DocsTruck wrote:Thanks for posting that link to my slot car set.

I would ask the Sweptline Salesman this. My truck is a 1968 model and seems to be a different shade of blue than what the color guides show for that year. I was once told here that it could've been a "White Hat Special" and that those trucks were a different shade of blue, so, why the difference? Also, it's a "custom", has the white textured top, white trim down the sides, chrome bumpers, stainless drip rails, full wheel covers, white steering wheel, white visors, automatic trans but manual steering, no A/C and an uncut dash with no radio. It has a vin tag from Canada, yet the vin number says it was built in St Louis. Seems my truck is just weird, Lol, but so glad to have it. I just wonder if it was some sort of package deal or something? Glad it came with a slot car set too!!!!
You've asked before and I mentioned the White Hat Special. It has all the features you mentioned and had optional Medium Blue Super Enamel paint available. (Dodge truck special paint colors, code DT8115) It was a promotional package.

DocsTruck
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Opelika
State: AL

Post by DocsTruck »

Got it, thanks. I couldn't remember who had told me that. So, are WHS trucks more rare or valued higher than the average truck?

I also read here that WHS trucks came with a "west coast style" of mirrors. That would explain to me now why my truck had that style of mirror on it as long as I can remember. I've got a picture from 1969 and the truck has those mirrors on it. I always thought that Pawpaw had put those on there himself. When the mirror on the passenger side got broken, I took both of them off and put an original round mirror on the driver door. I still have the one "west coast style" mirror that is in tract, and also stiill have the broken and bent passenger side one as well. I never throw out anything, Lol.
Marty
Keeper Of Old Blue
1968 D100 Custom

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

DocsTruck wrote: So, are WHS trucks more rare or valued higher than the average truck?
More rare, yes. Higher value, no. It was just a group of options put together at a special price and other than that there is no real significance. Most of your truck's value comes from the condition it was kept in.