Ummm... let's see,the part...

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
spike

Ummm... let's see,the part...

Post by spike »

Thanks for replying guys!! :D The part... well it's like a little metal clip-thing that holds the strip of crome to the side of the bed of my truck,I need quite a few 'cause they're all rusted, and thanks to you guys it's a 1964 Dodge A-100 with a slant six (I'm not sure but I think so) well guess away boys!

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

hey spike, you got a pic of the truck you could email me? the a-100 is a cab over design, is that what you have? or is it a standard truck? if its the clips im thinking of i have some, all steel, about 2.5 inches long with a spring clip or stud in the middle? is this what you are seeking?
send pic to wideblock@aol.com
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

Seabee
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Houston
State: TX

Re: Ummm... let's see,the part...

Post by Seabee »

spike wrote:Thanks for replying guys!! :D The part... well it's like a little metal clip-thing that holds the strip of crome to the side of the bed of my truck,I need quite a few 'cause they're all rusted, and thanks to you guys it's a 1964 Dodge A-100 with a slant six (I'm not sure but I think so) well guess away boys!
Ah yes; the dreaded clippy thing. From Trey's description I think he's got the ones you need. He's a good guy, give him a shout.

Restoration Specialties http://www.restorationspecialties.com/
has TONS of stuff like this and I would not be surprised it they had them. I have their catalog and intended to look those clips up when I did my crash rebuild but I didn't need them after all. I've had real good luck with my local NAPA store in finding body and trim fasteners; just a search through their books till I find the one that macthes closest.

Welcome to the Forum!
Oh and let's have some pictures of that truck!

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

If its a D100, the trim is probably the thinner [1.25"?] stainless. If its an
A100.... then I'm unsure.
John

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Spike, if you have the A100 the engine cover is in the cab with you , between the seats , if you have a nood out front & 2wheel drive it's a D100 half ton , if you can send wideblock aka Trey a pic that will help out a lot , as they used a few different trim clips on the different models , you said your truck is a 64 so your trim might be the wider one of the group , if these guys can't help , try this , I think this is the right site to look up (going from whats left of memoreie) http://www.trim.com if thats not sorry good luck
8)
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Doug

Hey Cowboy...

Post by Doug »

Yur memorie must have cuaght the last bus outta town!
Just kiddin ya Dave...you must be 1(well groomed)Cowboy!

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Yep I'am a very well groomed cowboy :roll: , with a head full of hair & right down to the middle of my back :D thou it is more salt then pepper anymore but all mine , & my mind well it's all mine whats left of it :? like the old Guess WHO song I had my bag of goodies & a bottle of wine more then once :wink: but with age now it just a cold Bud Light once in a while
8)
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »