MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

4x4 Bow Tie/ you knew it was going to happen

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Yeap,
needed to put on a few miles to warm up the 440, so we needed a few things from Wally World, coming home we were cruising down West Colfax, just pulling away from a light and at around 40mph so I'm in 3rd gear, wife and daughter with me and the wife is talking, Low and behold a 70's Chevy 4x4 sittin about 10' up pull up beside me and as soon as he is even he punches it, kicking down into passing gear now we have LOUD PIPES sounding off in the cab of my truck and the wife can no longer talk, so what do I do, just watch?????? I DON'T THINK SO BUDDY so I floor it and the passing gear doesn't kick in, but at least the remaining 2 barrells do, keep in mind I have my wife and daughter, I only have 2 seats, so the daughter is sitting so I can't grab the gear shift to down shift (like in my Avatar I need room) so the 4 barrells are mouning, and the 440 is hittting the bottom of the power band (1500rpm) and we are then starting to pick up fast enough we are catching, not enough for me, so I let off and depress again, thinking "Come on Passing Gear lets kick some @#%" still no passing gear but the 440 is now up to 2000rpms and she Rev's fast so we pass the 4x4 and I can still hear his pipes trying to catch us, I'm thinkin "It ain't going to happen Home boy give it up! You cannot take me top end"!!!! The light turns Red and heavy braking to come to a stop in time for the light, My Wife (who is sittin in the passenger seat) turns and looks out the window to see "who is this fool" :shame now we are sittin side by side at the red light, :puke I don't even make an effort to down shift for manual operation, the 440 is idling sounding like its saying "Lets Go", Lets, Go" "Lets Go", :usa so light goes green and the 4x4 is all over it, and yes he is geared low (probably around the 4.88) so he jumps me out of the hole, and thats IT, he doesn't even get a full truck ahead and the 440 is kickin his @#%, by the time we get into 2nd and 2000 rpm's he's a full truck lengt behind, so my point is proven I shut it down, and then my wife continue's her conversation right where she left off, my daughter says lightly "Another one Bites the Dust" When we get to the apartment and I back in to my spot I listen to the engine saying "That was fun, lets do it again, lets do it again, lets do it again," Maybe that was just the loping of the cam???? :dance

DocsTruck
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Opelika
State: AL

Re: 4x4 Bow Tie/ you knew it was going to happen

Post by DocsTruck »

What a great story!!! :salut :clap
Marty
Keeper Of Old Blue
1968 D100 Custom

DaveRoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Greensboro
State: NC

Post by DaveRoss »

I've had my share of "do it again daddy" stories...that was a good one!
Dave
'71 D100 225 /6
daily driver

hemithekid
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Casper
State: WY

Post by hemithekid »

i always love reading youre stories. keep 'em comin robin!
DODGE RULES!!!!!

cudaboy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by cudaboy »

AWESOME! I guess he had "that great GM feeling" eh? LOL Good writing too. I got a good visualization from that.
M.O.P.A.R. =
My Own Private Adrenaline Rush !

injunjoe
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by injunjoe »

Did he have one of those big bowtie things in the back cab window where the gun rack belongs? :clap

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Post by mopardwh »

injunjoe wrote:Did he have one of those big bowtie things in the back cab window where the gun rack belongs? :clap
Man, I sure hope SO!!! At least maybe some "Heartbeat of America Mudflaps!". :lol: :lol: :lol: :puke

Right on Robin. You Rock!
Doug