This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Sweptline Restoration CD COMING SOON!

Post by Jims68 »

Hey guys, I am now done restoring my 68 shorty, and I have been keeping a photo diary of my restoration process since the beginning. (Yes, I know it is a lot of reading here on the site, but it will help you understand what I have) Questions are welcome! The CD should be finished in a few days to a week. Here is what I am proposing:

This is a CD of my total restoration of how I restored the truck, including a story of 127 pages. This has several different folders, (See below) and OVER 800 PHOTOS total! One of the folders is comparable to the floor repair section here on Norms site, only it is for the COMPLETE restoration of my 68.

This CD has not been tested on a MAC version computer.

Here is a copy of the "READ ME" that will come with the CD. (Capital letters are for "emphasis" not yelling.)

Disclaimer READ FIRST!
PLEASE READ IT!

This is a note I wrote up to protect myself, my photos, and all of my hard work in writing this story.

PLEASE DO NOT COPY THIS DISC! DO NOT POST ANY OF THESE PHOTOS ON ANY WEBSITE! IF YOU DO REPAIRS THE SAME AS I DID, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOU OR YOUR VEHICLES. RESPECT MY WORK AND PHOTOS. YOU MAY PRINT OUT THE BOOK BUT ONLY FOR HOME READING USE. BY OPENING AND READING THE FOLDERS ON THIS DISC, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE ABOVE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU SHOULD NOT PURCHASE THE CD.

Before running this disc, close all open WINDOW applications on your computer to avoid conflicts.

Be sure that ALL Windows Works tasks are closed before loading.

Thank-you! Enjoy it.

The names Dodge, Dodge Truck, Chrysler, Plymouth, DeSoto, MOPAR, and HONDA are all trademarks, and are used only for identification purposes only.

This CD has not been tested on a MAC version computer.

Just a note on how to view photos. IF you have windows ME like I do, (I think that Windows XP has automatic slideshow?) (You will have to COPY the whole folder to your computer in order for this feature to work, as I have the CD "locked") open any photo folder, at the top of the page click on VIEW, look down, and click on "CUSTOMIZE THIS FOLDER" Click NEXT, Click NEXT again, ON this window, select IMAGE PREVIEW then click NEXT, Click on FINISH. After you finish, you will have a box on the left, with the word SLIDESHOW in blue just above it. Click on that, and the slideshow will begin. While you are watching the slideshow, you can pause the show, or you can manually go through the photos at your own pace by using a control at the top right of your screen, just move your mouse and you will see the image control.

If you have "auto play" enabled, the disc may start on its own. If it does you will have several "folders" to open.

On the disc you will find:

1. "The true story of my 1968 Dodge"

This is a story of how I restored my 1968 Dodge D-100 Adventurer Shortbed. This is MY story. This is not to be used as a "Restoration Guide". Buy an auto body repair guide book for that. Although, you may get some good ideas from it. I know there are alot of different ways to do auto body repairs. Some of you may disagree with some of my methods. However, this is the way I did MY restoration. Page numbers can be found at the lower left corner of your screen.

2. Photo history WITHOUT any text on the photos.

This folder includes every picture I ever took of my Dodge while I was restoring it.

3. Photo history WITH TEXT on each photo of "HOW I repaired my 1968 Dodge D-100".

These pictures have a small note or diagram on the picture to give "hints" on how I made my repairs. Most, but not all of the pictures from the Photo history folder are in it. These are also in "Chapter Form" Each folder is a different chapter.

4. Photo history With Text (No chapters)

These are the same photos as the above #3. Photo history, ONLY they are in one LARGE folder which can be viewed with "no chapter interuptions".

5. Dodge Truck Notes of things that I had found "use-full" throughout my restoration.

These notes were mostly pulled from different forums and are of things that I had found "usefull" throughout my restoration.

6. MOPAR Icons

These are icons I made, and you can add them to your desktop on your computer. To use them, COPY the icon folder to a place where you know where they will be. For example, C/program files/MOPAR Icons Then, select the icon you wish to change to a MOPAR icon by "right click" on the icon. For example, if you want to change a "game icon" to a DODGE icon, Right click on game icon. Then left click on properties, Then at the next window, click on "Change icon". NOW you will see another box. Select BROWSE, now you need to find where you stored the MOPAR Icon folder, then just select an icon from the folder, click on OPEN, then at the next window, Click OK. Rename it to the original name so you won't forget. There you have it.

7. Jims 1970 parts trucks Photos

These photos are from my 2 different parts trucks. One is a 1970 D-100 (Yellow) and the other is a 1970 D-200 (Blue) Parts trucks are the greatest.

8. Sweptline drawings

There are 3 seperate drawings in this folder. One is just a drawing that you can play around with coloring it in using the Microsoft Paint program. You can also print this out, and let your kids color it in. Second, is a colored version of the Sweptline drawing that I cut and made it into a shortbed and colored it like my truck. Three, this almost the same as the other one, but with NO COLOR. Plus, this has NO NAMEPLATES, or moldings, so you can customize it yourself.

9. Wiring diagrams

This are diagrams that I made up to help anyone that has problems reading the wire schematic and needs some help with the wires. These are mostly for color and wire gauge verification. To be used in conjunction with a schematic.

10. NOS Dodge parts.

These are just a couple of pictures I had collected of NOS parts for Sweptlines.

11. Clutch spring hookup

These are a couple of pictures of "How to hook up a clutch spring" this subject has come up several times on the forums, so I thought I would include it here.

12. Dodge ads

These are just a "few" photos I had picked up here and there of original Sweptline ads.

13. Tools I used to restore my 68 D-100

Here is a folder on what I think are all the tools I used while making the repairs on my 68 Dodge. These may be helpful when you are selecting tools for your own job.

14. 1968 Dodge Truck Videos

These are a couple of videos of me driving my 68 for the first time.

15. "Finished" photos

Here are some pictures of my truck after I finished it. But, then again, are you "ever" finished?

#16 This READ-ME

Introduction to the "TRUE STORY OF JIMS 68 DODGE D-100 RESTORATION"

***ATTENTION*** NOTE: Some of the folders have their own "READ-ME" in them to help understand that particular folder.
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

Seabee
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Houston
State: TX

Post by Seabee »

This looks like a very fine project. You are justified in expecting copyright protection. Have you set a price?

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

Seabee wrote:This looks like a very fine project. You are justified in expecting copyright protection. Have you set a price?
Not yet, but when I do post the price, I will include the mailing with it. I will be posting the price as soon as I am COMPLETELY finished with it. (Few more days) I am trying to keep it fair to everyone including myself. Imagine this if you will, Every time you fix or repair a part on your truck, you stop and take some pictures, then, after the day is over, you load the photos to your computer, Index them, sort them, lable each photo with a caption and then include them in a story too. Lots of work, yet I enjoyed doing this "extra" project too.

Jim
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489