What's a 71 adventurer SE worth?

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
CaptainKirk
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

What's a 71 adventurer SE worth?

Post by CaptainKirk »

People,
I am about to list my 71 adventurer SE on the Ebay. It has 53000 original miles and a new paint job. this model has the woodgrain tape sides . all chrome is present, and I won a nice best of class trophy at a truck show. Truck is just about all original. Gonna try to post a pic. Thanks for any input about what's a good starting bid. the picture is at
http://users.adelphia.net/~spockbob/71side.JPG
This is an old pic, i have since put the door trim on.

dodged200cs

Post by dodged200cs »

Damn, I love the looks of that truck! Wonder if I should do that to mine? What do you have under the hood? 383?

Dane

CaptainKirk
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

i didn't do it, dodge did

Post by CaptainKirk »

Dane, That is factory trim for a SE. The woodgrain tape is available through harborfreight.com. The middle trim is 1/2 in stainless. Took me 3 years to find one for the driver door. It is all original factory trim.
This truck came with a 318 auto PS, PB. - original and runs great -(after I installed electronic ignition, the points were too touchy, had to adjust every 2 months or so.)

CaptainKirk
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Bumping back to the top

Post by CaptainKirk »

I still haven't received any feedback about the value of my truck. Is 1900 too much to start at?

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Give us more details on it.... any bondo?.... if so... how much and where?
How are the floors/rockers/cab mounts/cowl/vent boxes/cab corners/
door skins/rear tail light bezels, etc.??

Mechanical condition?.... what gears in the rear end? Is all the wiring in
good working order?? Starting bid of $1900??.... guess you have to
start somewhere.... will there be a reserve? Give us the goods on it :Thumbsup
John

CaptainKirk
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by CaptainKirk »

John (and others),
We got this truck as found in a barn in Mckean PA. The owner had bought 2 71 dodges, and decided about 1974 to drive the slant 6 and park the 318. It had 36k when found. My brother owned it for about 3 years and had it as a daily driver, it now has 53k. I got it 3 years ago and parked it in the garage intending to restore it, but I have a 2yr old and a 7yr old, didn't get it acceptable to drive till this summer, the paint had worn off from bat and bird droppings. All the chrome is present, shough some is mounted with silicone. The drivetrain is original, 318 3 sp auto, the rear seems low geared. I added electronic ign. It has bondo in several places. Has PS pump but not hooked up. Runs in the new paint , comes with a quart of touch up paint. New tires brakes. am radio not working. New carpet. New carb. New shocks. I guess I will start at 1900 no reserve?

Hoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Berthoud
State: CO

Post by Hoss »

I'd say start the bid at 1900 and put a buy now at 3500 with a reserve price of 2500 and see what you get for bids. List in your information that you reserve the right to accept any bid below the reserve but do not give out the reserve price.
Ken
68 W300 "Big John"
64 Belvedere 426 wedge 4 speed

CaptainKirk
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by CaptainKirk »

Ken,
The pricing you mentioned sounds good. I realise that you can never get out of an antique what you put into it, so you gotta love them. I just got layed off last week and we are back to our 'monster garage' building antique limousines. We have streched a 25 model T, a 68 Suburban and now working on a 49 Suburban 'Clamshell'. We are a tree service in the summer and we deck out our trucks with Cherry, Walnut and Butternut interiors And we found some nice low profile electric window kits. As for the reserve, Ebay doesn't let me sell if the reserve isn't met, but if someone e-mailed a private bid I might consider it. (Shhh) I haven't got the pictures of the truck yet, because it's been raining here in NW PA for a couple of days. I'll let this forum know when I get the truck listed

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Ken, the truck lives in the rustbelt. U need to show very specific pics of the areas John mentioned above. They all rust or rot and salt speeds it up. Lower corners of the doors says alot too.
As for the bondo, u need to be specific on the extent of that too.
Adventurer SE's are pretty rare, but if its rotted or beat up its a real sad situation.
I have a 63 crew with a 413 engine it, unique one of a kind - but its so rotted Im scrapping it :((