New User

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
traderguy111

New User

Post by traderguy111 »

well Im new to this forum and its nice to see people that like old dodge trucks!!!! I have a 71 adventure se that I picked up for nuthin and Im think of cleaning her up or restoring..The interior is in perfect shape, the bodies straight except I need a new grill and drivers side fender.Does anybody know if I can find these parts and were? Also can I still find the woodgrain tape that goes on the sides? Thanks alot Dan

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: KC, MO

Post by nfury8 »

Got any pictures?? what is color combo? I am not !00% certain if the exact woodgrain pattern is still available, but you should be able to get really close. My Adventurer looks like some of the woodgrain was replaced, you have to look close to tell they are different. I have been unable to determine which part is correct.

The grill is the same for 70 and 71, and not specific to the Adventurer, so there will be some out there. The fender is used even more years, and shouldn't be too hard to find. This board is probably the best place to look, unless you have salvage yards around that carry them.

traderguy111

Post by traderguy111 »

I havent got any pictures yet, I will post some when I do..Its orange with the wood grain its got 81k miles 318 auto it really in pretty nice shape.I was thinking of making it into a 4x4 but I really dont want to lower the value (if it makes a differance). Thanks for the info about the fenders and such Ill look around. o'yea are tailgates hard to find?

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by nfury8 »

An Adventurer SE tailgate will be trickier, I have been looking for one a while now myself. As for the 4x4, I doubt it will make a big impact on value. Honestly, these trucks don't have the same value as other more popular brands. But trucks never have the value that similiar aged cars do. The converion can be done several ways. Mine was converted with the suspension and driveline from an 86 PowerWagon. The bonus is using locking hubs and N208 transfer case.

Here is a pic of my 71 Adventurer SE 4x4.

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

depending on your part of the country, a 4x4 conversion might increase the value. one thing about dodges, as mentioned before, they arewnt valued as other lesser trucks are. original or not, unless its somthing special package, they are valued as the truck as a whole, and not whats modified and whats original. there are guys here with all the parts you could need. where are you located? never know, one of the guys here might be your nieghbor! welcome to the board. :Thumbsup
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

traderguy111

Post by traderguy111 »

Renton Washington :salut

POWWAG
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Maple Valley
State: WA

Post by POWWAG »

Dan,

I was born and raised in Renton and moved to Federal Way about 5 years ago. I've been working in Albuquerque, NM for the last 9 months but I'm heading home in a couple weeks because of a lay off. Shoot me an Email after Thanksgiving and we can get together for coffee and bench racing.

Don

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

Don't worry about hurting the value by converting it to 4X4. It will probably increase the value and the fact that is a nicely equipped truck to start with only helps. Vintage Power Wagons has new fenders if you want to go that way. A new one will cost more than a used one but it's and option if you can't find a good used one.
1969 Adventurer W100

oneowner71
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Fort Worth, TX

Post by oneowner71 »

One thing to keep in mind on fenders... the side marker lights changed over the years, so if you want it to go in without cutting, check the marker light holes on any front fenders you find. Grilles are kinda hard to find, especially if you are looking for the polished aluminum, but they are out there. Tailgates are another story... In the 70 models, the center panel on the tailgate was unstamped and used a cut-out vinyl lettering, as opposed ot the earlier tailgates that were stamped. Good luck on finding all those parts,... and this is definately the place to start looking
Thanks, Clint
1971 D-100, 318 3-spd
1970 Dude, 383 / A727
1974 Challenger, 383/A727 (451 5-speed, someday)
1971 Plymouth Satellite,
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab

woopa

Tailgate

Post by woopa »

Clint
70's tailgate's have the D O D G E stamped in the tailgate! 71 is lettering.

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by nfury8 »

A 71 Adventurer SE should look like this:

Post by Guest »

Yup thats what mine looks like but mines customized with a big dent..I would rather have yours...Dan

oneowner71
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Fort Worth, TX

Post by oneowner71 »

Ok, fair enough. The only 70 I have is the Dude, and they have the lettering. Sorry for the confusion. Yeah, I would imagine that center insert is going to be next to impossible to find.
Thanks, Clint
1971 D-100, 318 3-spd
1970 Dude, 383 / A727
1974 Challenger, 383/A727 (451 5-speed, someday)
1971 Plymouth Satellite,
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Tailgate

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

The regular D100 70 like mine has D O D G E bigger letters stamped into the steeel, Large Lettering.