i hate plastic

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
thatoneguy

i hate plastic

Post by thatoneguy »

today i went to replace the tun signal switch on my 69 d 100 just the stick. i knoticed that the kickback thing was broken. so i went to NAPA to get a new switch with the stick and everything 67.00$. so i decided that that was a little irrational i asked it they had a replacement kit and they did only twelve dollars not as bad. i got home and got right to work on it. at first i looked like the stinken wouldnt even come off. as a last resort i looked at the instructions they made apsolutly no sense. so i played with it for a while that it did come off and started prying on it and wasnt getting anywhere. so decided to cut it of with wire cutters. i swear to god they should armor tanks with that crap. i got it off and put the new one on wirered it and everything. so i still had the problemb with the stick. i have no idea why i didnt do it when i was at NAPA. i went to the only junkyard in town. they said that i couldnt have justt the sick but i would have to take the whole switch 50.00$. after screaming rape and walking out i decided to make one. an hour later it finnaly fited. i put it in and got the hole thing togeather and now the turn signal only works when you have the headlights on or the brake on. what a day and more fun to look forward to tomarrow.

oneowner71
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Fort Worth, TX

Post by oneowner71 »

having read that story, you're gonna love this. I took the console out of my car last weekend to pull the tranny, started working on the console yesterday and a turn signal switch stick for our trucks came rolling out. Pretty sure it don't fit the car. things that make you go SH!T!!!
Thanks, Clint
1971 D-100, 318 3-spd
1970 Dude, 383 / A727
1974 Challenger, 383/A727 (451 5-speed, someday)
1971 Plymouth Satellite,
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

heres something from the log book of my 69 crew that might just help you out. the original turn signal switch assembly isnt available, but this one is and works fine. mopar part number 2947801, it is a one piece switch versus the 2 piece that ma mopar put in originally. been in the truck for 65k miles without any problems :Thumbsup there are some wire color differences according to the schematic the previous owner drew.

old=new
yellow/stripe=lime green
dark green=dark brown
red=red
white=white
lime green=tan
yellow=dark green

according to his notes this was whats listed in the dodge books as a sutable replacement for the no longer available part. hope this helps you get back on track.
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100