It has begun!!!

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
1966D100

It has begun!!!

Post by 1966D100 »

Well, i started to make a first major attempt to restore/rod out my D-100 buy pulling the tail gate and grill in the garage for their own attention. The grill is savable, but needs a face lift and two small dents worked out. The pie plates are more of the pieces that need the most attention, they are savable as well......but thats gonna be some pounding and shaping lol.

The tail gate, i want to work with that to save it (cause up here parts are not easy to come by rust free.....let alone with minimal rust).

So, buying more panels is not exatly in my plans except for the floor pans and steps....those are a given.

But....i can tell this truck had a previouse attempt at restoration. Found different lenght, size, and head srews on the grill (nothing damaged, just made it annoying switching from flat-head to two different size philips screw drivers lol), and the tail-gate is a work in its self since the bolts on one side are rusted in and the other side they're none existant.....just a bunch of really bad, and really thick welds (Goody), so i'll chip away at that part of the truck more than the grill. So, so far, some work....no progress.....just a bunch of curse words flying about LOL!! I should have some picks soon too...gotta find some film first. Wish me luck......i'm gonna need it!! LOL!!

1966D100 signing off :salut

POWWAG
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Maple Valley
State: WA

Post by POWWAG »

Sounds like the fun has begun! Refer to this thread It has the answers. http://www.sweptline.org/modules.php?na ... pic&t=1209

Later.....Don