This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

hey kyle.........

Post by wideblock »

hey kyle, glad to see you here finally. you guys want to see kyles family of trucks go check out my webshots page. talk about your sweptline family, many good looking trucks in kyles stable. 3 generations of sweptliners, whats cooler then that???? lemme see, grandpa has a bunch of old fire trucks and flat beds, dad has a nice collection of w300's, and kyles got the little swept with only 719 original miles on it!! yeah, i said 719!! hey kyle, how about sharing the story of your sweptline special with the guys here???
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

OldDodges
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Georgia
State: GA

Post by OldDodges »

Well, I found that truck in January of 2000 off of Kris Wickstead's forum. Back when it was like MoparNorm's is today. My Dad and Grandad went with me to St. Louis, Missouri to pick it up, (I was only 15 at the time, so I couldn't drive). We picked up the truck from the daughter of the original owner with only 104 original miles on the truck, and then ended coming back through the bad winter storm that went through the south that year. Thats a whole other story. Anyways, I racked up some miles on the truck that year, but have since trailered it to shows, to keep the miles off. The truck is a plain-jane, bare boned optioned truck. I've only seen one piece of literature on the truck, because it was a one year deal, and mine is almost identical to the one in the literature, maroon in color. I have all the original sales receipts, paperwork, etc. Got two original build sheets for the truck as well. The truck is in great shape, paint looks like brand new, interior still smells like brand new, engine bay looks great. This truck is definately a survivor. So there's my story guys. I got a bunch of pics of the truck on my website, as well as a little more info on it I believe. http://www.olddodges.com

71Swept
OldDodges.com -- Home of the Bighorn Registry

1970 Dodge D300 (Restored)
2010 Dodge Ram 1500