What R the rarest, most desirable sweptlines?

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
LAWFISH
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: CAMBRIDGE
State: ID

What R the rarest, most desirable sweptlines?

Post by LAWFISH »

OK, I am not new to mopars but am learning these trucks. I see name slike Faro, Power wagon,e ct. What are the most desired and rarest sweptlines? Can you guys fille me in?

I tend to stumble into a LOT of rust free trucks, muscle cars, ect and am curious.

LAWFISH
1977 Ramcharger slant 6
1950 Studebaker SHORT BED 4 SALE
1967 FAIRLANE 4 SALE
1979 DODGE EX CAB SHORT BED POWER WAGON 4 SALE
67 /63 BASTARDISED SHORT WIDE POWER WAGON 8 LUG.[/

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

The rarest of the Sweptlines would be the HPP trucks built in 64-65, with the 426 engines. The second rarest will be the CSS trucks. These have two stripes running front to back and have bucket seats and some other trim options, and came with different engines. Maybe third rarest would be 68-71 Adventures with short beds, followed by long bed Adventurers. Next rarest would be any W100 Power Wagon with a short bed, then Power Wagon long bed, then D100 short bed, then D100/200 long bed. Then there's the 300's that fall into the mix somewhere. This is just a guess as there's no breakdown of production numbers existing for Sweptlines. Any Sweptline is pretty rare around here.
1969 Adventurer W100

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Russ wrote:The rarest of the Sweptlines would be the HPP trucks built in 64-65, with the 426 engines. The second rarest will be the CSS trucks. These have two stripes running front to back and have bucket seats and some other trim options, and came with different engines. Maybe third rarest would be 68-71 Adventures with short beds, followed by long bed Adventurers. Next rarest would be any W100 Power Wagon with a short bed, then Power Wagon long bed, then D100 short bed, then D100/200 long bed. Then there's the 300's that fall into the mix somewhere. This is just a guess as there's no breakdown of production numbers existing for Sweptlines. Any Sweptline is pretty rare around here.
Great answer Russ. :Thumbsup

If u want to talk rarEST, u would have to look for the 1 of 1's, like Goldie's 64 HPP 413, or my 65 CSS Utiline, or Trey's early 65 Long Crew Camper Special.

RarEST is actually pointless to look for, cuz there will only be one. If u find another, it's no longer the rarEST.

So look for the HPP's and CSS's and u will be in a very small crowd.
As for desirability, that's subjective, depends who u ask and not defineable, ie some guys like fat chicks and some guys like skinny chicks.

LAWFISH
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by LAWFISH »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:
Russ wrote:The rarest of the Sweptlines would be the HPP trucks built in 64-65, with the 426 engines. The second rarest will be the CSS trucks. These have two stripes running front to back and have bucket seats and some other trim options, and came with different engines. Maybe third rarest would be 68-71 Adventures with short beds, followed by long bed Adventurers. Next rarest would be any W100 Power Wagon with a short bed, then Power Wagon long bed, then D100 short bed, then D100/200 long bed. Then there's the 300's that fall into the mix somewhere. This is just a guess as there's no breakdown of production numbers existing for Sweptlines. Any Sweptline is pretty rare around here.
Great answer Russ. :Thumbsup

If u want to talk rarEST, u would have to look for the 1 of 1's, like Goldie's 64 HPP 413, or my 65 CSS Utiline, or Trey's early 65 Long Crew Camper Special.

RarEST is actually pointless to look for, cuz there will only be one. If u find another, it's no longer the rarEST.

So look for the HPP's and CSS's and u will be in a very small crowd.
As for desirability, that's subjective, depends who u ask and not defineable, ie some guys like fat chicks and some guys like skinny chicks.

Have any pics of the HPPs or CSS vehicles? thanks Dave
1977 Ramcharger slant 6
1967 FAIRLANE 4 SALE

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

LAWFISH
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by LAWFISH »

linky no works???? :banghead

LAWFISH
1977 Ramcharger slant 6
1967 FAIRLANE 4 SALE

HellBelly
Founder
Founder
City: Dallas
State: TX

Post by HellBelly »

Here try this link:

[url]http://benjamin_simons.tripod.com/css/index.html[/url]
Scott Blaylock (Founder/Admin)
http://www.Sweptline.ORG
http://www.SweptlineTruckRegistry.com

1965 Dodge SWB D100 (Utiline)
1968 Dodge LWB D100 (Sweptline)
1970 Dodge LWB D100 (Dude)

LAWFISH
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by LAWFISH »

HellBellyD100 wrote:Here try this link:

[url]http://benjamin_simons.tripod.com/css/index.html[/url]
MORE :banghead Does it work for you? It an error page for me?

LAWFISH
1977 Ramcharger slant 6
1967 FAIRLANE 4 SALE

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator
City: Gainesville, Florida
State: FL

Post by CSS-Registry »

or this one (they all go to the same place):

http://www.cssregistry.com

Custom Sports Special
& High Performance Package
R E G I S T R Y

LAWFISH
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by LAWFISH »

CSS-Registry wrote:or this one (they all go to the same place):

http://www.cssregistry.com
Now thats cool, are some of those yours. I did some searchign on my own too but WOW :clap One of those would look great with a Max wedge 64 Fury next to it in the same colors.

LAWFISH
1977 Ramcharger slant 6
1967 FAIRLANE 4 SALE

LAWFISH
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by LAWFISH »

OK, I have a few questions? I have read a couple of sites and one says Max wedge 426 and the others say street wedge 426? Did they come with either as the street wedge and max wedge are two toal different animals?

I would love one of those Red ones. What would they sell for restored or unrestored in decent restorable shape?

Do they clone them like the musclecars?

Dave
1977 Ramcharger slant 6
1967 FAIRLANE 4 SALE

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator
City: Gainesville, Florida
State: FL

Post by CSS-Registry »

LAWFISH wrote:OK, I have a few questions? I have read a couple of sites and one says Max wedge 426 and the others say street wedge 426? Did they come with either as the street wedge and max wedge are two toal different animals?

I would love one of those Red ones. What would they sell for restored or unrestored in decent restorable shape?

Dave
Hi Dave,

the dual four Max Wedge was not available in the trucks. the single four 365 HP Street Wedge was the optional engine.

please read this page for all the details - http://www.cssregistry.com/css/whatis.html

none of the trucks pictured above are mine. my truck is a parts pile that is being restored now.

selling price - that is a tough thing to nail down.

Unrestored:
i have only seen unrestored HPP trucks sell anywhere from $500 to $12000. unrestored CSS trucks sell anywhere from $500 to $5000. most were projects.

restored:
HPP trucks is the tough one. none have sold except three a few years back and they ranged in price from $18000 to $25000. a 67 CSS SWB Sweptline NON-HPP with a factory 383 sold for $25000 a couple years ago.

i know of no clones. if a clone is built i would like to record the VIN in the registry to track it as a clone.

it is an untested market but i would have to say that trying to locate a real HPP truck for sale is going to be really tough. i know of one (maybe two) for sale and they are both projects and owned by someone who won't sell them for anything less an unreasonable price. unreasonable being 5 figures.
Custom Sports Special
& High Performance Package
R E G I S T R Y

LAWFISH
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by LAWFISH »

CSS-Registry wrote:
LAWFISH wrote:OK, I have a few questions? I have read a couple of sites and one says Max wedge 426 and the others say street wedge 426? Did they come with either as the street wedge and max wedge are two toal different animals?

Dave
Hi Dave,

the dual four Max Wedge was not available in the trucks. the single four 365 HP Street Wedge was the optional engine.

please read this page for all the details - http://www.cssregistry.com/css/whatis.html

none of the trucks pictured above are mine. my truck is a parts pile that is being restored now.

selling price - that is a tough thing to nail down.

Unrestored:
i have only seen unrestored HPP trucks sell anywhere from $500 to $12000. unrestored CSS trucks sell anywhere from $500 to $5000. most were projects.

restored:
HPP trucks is the tough one. none have sold except three a few years back and they ranged in price from $18000 to $25000. a 67 CSS SWB Sweptline NON-HPP with a factory 383 sold for $25000 a couple years ago.

i know of no clones. if a clone is built i would like to record the VIN in the registry to track it as a clone.

it is an untested market but i would have to say that trying to locate a real HPP truck for sale is going to be really tough. i know of one (maybe two) for sale and they are both projects and owned by someone who won't sell them for anything less an unreasonable price. unreasonable being 5 figures.
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it and I did read your pages. I also ready this one
http://www.sweptline.com/hist/css.html

which stated this below. I know about conflicting info and when it came to MA MOPAR, you just never know when it comes to the muscle cars, so I imagine the trucks/muscle trucks are the same.

All I really know is that I love that red CSS and I think what I will do is just build a short bed sweptline with a 500 stroker/ iron heads so the cross ram max wedge manifoild will work on the heads and match it to a 64 fury I already have as a project. Maybe even the hood scoop. Make it what I like in other words, but I do like the CSS stripes and look.

I will keep reading and now keep my eyes open.

thanks again Dave

"""""""""""What Does Galen Govier Think about the CSS?
In the June `98 issue of Mopar Muscle, Galen Govier comments on a letter written to him regarding a `64 CSS with the 426 Max Wedge Engine installed. Among the many things he comments on, the collectibility is one of the most notable. "...you can be assured the Custom Sport Special with the 426S 4BBL Wedge is by far the most valuable Dodge pickup ever made, in my opinion." Govier also commented on the possibility of, "two Custom Sport Specials built with a 426 Hemi (1965 I believe). One was at the Chelsea proving grounds for awhile." Can you believe that? These trucks are considered the most valuable of all Dodge pickups, and they are so diverse that there may have been prototype CSS trucks with the Hemi installed.
Reference for information above:
Govier, Galen V. "By the Numbers." Mopar Muscle June 1998: 81.""""""""""""""
1977 Ramcharger slant 6
1967 FAIRLANE 4 SALE

MOPARHOUND
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kansas City, KS

Post by MOPARHOUND »

Where would "The Dude" fall in this hierarchy? :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 514&rd=1,1
69 D200 440/4-Speed Light Green
69 D200 383/Auto Desert Turquoise
69 Charger 318/Auto R4 Charger Red - Survivor

LAWFISH
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by LAWFISH »

Also, I read the page but I dont see anywhere it says what rear end in in these vehicle?

And most of these trucks for that matter, were 8 3/4 standard and are they easy to find for a resto or build up for say a 500 stroker truck? And or where they DANA 60s?

OK, now I am hooked and need a truck- another project!

LAWFISH
1977 Ramcharger slant 6
1967 FAIRLANE 4 SALE

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

I was going to say nobody mentioned the Dude. I noticed that somebody has now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Ot ... dZViewItem

I would say that the Dude may be 2nd or 3rd on the list. I would believe there were more CSS trucks built than Dudes. All the trucks on the list are rare though.

You mentioned Fargo. These were sold in Canada at Plymouth dealers. They are very rare in the states and I don't think there are too many in Canada either.

The 8.75 rear axle was the only available axle in the half-ton trucks unless you count the 61-68 W100s as half-tons. The Dana 60 was only available as an eight-lug on 200 and some larger trucks.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Dudes are pretyy scarce too. Actually, Ive seen fewer of them than the 40 or so CSS's in the registry.
Here's a very nice Dude http://pub36.bravenet.com/forum/3079965 ... ch/745990/

100's (1/2 tons) have the 8 3/4 rear (stay away from the early ones!)

200's (3/4 tons) have Dana 60s

Goldie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Goldie »

My 63 413 HPP came with virtually all it's original parts when I got it. An electrical problem fried every wire in it early in it's life and that probably saved it. It has an 8 3/4 sure grip w/3:58 gear. I know, they didn't use a 3.58. Tell it to my gear, dated to the truck as well as fac stamped on the houseing. Lot's of good info was gleaned from my truck since it was still whole. Every time another is found, we learn something else.
I can't put a value on mine. I do know I like it a lot and most of my Chrysler buddies never heard of one. So how rare? I believe mine is the earliest one found to date. Ben is the real expert here. But how about a 426 w/fac air? That is certainly rare. A good ol Texas boy owns that one.
It sounds like you want to clone one. Before you decide on a 426 you might consider going the diesel route. Check out Terry Holcomb's super nice ride. You might even be able to use alternative fuels. Lots of ways to go and still be way cool.
63 9 pass fury wagon
US NAVY, 1968 -1972 HS-5, 7, 9, NAS quonset pt. Essex, Wasp, Intrepid, Independence, Forrestal, Saratoga
I didn't do it and if I did I don't remember.

cudajimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Oklahoma
State: OK

Post by cudajimmy »

LAWFISH, let me know if you're interested in buying a CSS. I've got a RARE D200 CSS for sale. I'm the third owner and it can be bought worth the money.

69 Barracuda Notchback 440
61 D100 SWB Poly Auto
65 36' Chris Craft Constellation

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

If I was in the market for a CSS/"rare" truck, I would be all over Jimmy's!
CSS's are really nothing more than a trim package, so plant a Cummins in that turquoise beauty and have all the power and brawn u will ever need. :Thumbsup
You could clone a truck, but dont ever try to pass it off as the real thing - that would really PISS off a lot of people. :shame