This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

my first show

Post by wideblock »

took the crew to her first show today. basically all i got from the show is a really bad case of sun burn on my bald head. they didnt have the classes set very well. they had a truck class, or a mopar class. both of wich i was waaaaaaaayyyyyy out gunned in. but, had they had a mopar truck class, i would have gotten the first place trophy. i did meet some cool guys, one drives a 66 chevy crew cab, we did a lot of bickering back and forth on what was better, and loads of comparison on how each was built. i loaded the side window track with cards advertiseing this site that also had my email on them. started with 10, left with 1. so maybe we will see some new faces here in the next few days. the class i was placed in, general mopar, put me against a fully restored 69 super bee, a restored dart swinger, and a fine example of a hot rod big back window barracuda sporting a wild 383 and some steam roller tires out back. well, they only awarded 1st place and runner up. so with only 4 entries in mopar, they only gave 2 trophies. the bee and the dart took them. in the truck class, i would have lost to a chevy, so i stuck to loosing to other mopars. i swear, if i hear "i didnt think they made crew cabs back then" one more time ill puke. the truck drew a huge crowd. lots of people asking questions and really admiring the truck. even had a couple of buy offers. none id even consider, but the offer made me feel good. one was from the guy with the bee that took first in the mopar class. claimed he needed something to tow the bee to shows with. he gave me many complements on how good of shape the truck was in, and didnt seem to beleive that it wasnt restored. even had one of the judged make the comment, "they dont build them like this any more" all togather it was a good day, trophy or not. :Thumbsup
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

DB69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: La Porte
State: IN

my first show

Post by DB69 »

Trey
It's probably the first time some of them saw a real truck :2cents
congratulations on your first show :salut

DB69 :usa
TommyDodge
1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Club cab 3rd owner 86,330 miles
I don't drive a Ram-I drive a Dodge Ram
Dodge Brothers Detroit USA,
In Memory of Molly and Missy, My Beagle Girls

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: KC, MO

Post by nfury8 »

Glad to hear your truck got such a good response!

I was able to get my truck to one cruise this year. It got lots of attention. One guy comes over and said he heard me close the door 5 cars away and instantly knew it was a Sweptline truck! "Real Truck" and "Don't make them like that anymore" seem to be common topics!

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Way to Trey, :Thumbsup :Thumbsup , Just to bring the attention out to your (these trucks) is worth it , & next time were sunblock :lol:
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE