Am I Nuts

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
MBigDaddyM
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Seattle, WA

Am I Nuts

Post by MBigDaddyM »

I guy emailed me via Craigslist wanting my '76 360 rear sump(truck) oil pan. I told him I wanted 25 dollars, he tried to talk me down to 20. I told him new ones were 81 dollars and that was via Summit and that I felt 25 was MORE than fair. Now I haven't heard from the guy. Why are people so :censored cheap? -BD
Delusions of invincibility combined with a strong homicidal urge. I have a kick-your-@#% fetish.
67 D100 CSS
69 Charger
75 Dart Sport
94 Dakota SLT

Snowdogg
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Snowdogg »

THE PRICE OF FUEL! :thinking THANK"S GEORGE&DICK :moom

steven
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by steven »

Yes, people are very cheap. They dont want to give nothing for something.

But, what if he really couldnt spend five extra bucks? Some people cant...
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5speed
1971 Dodge Challenger #'s 383/727
1974 Dodge D600 318 5+2
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins HO

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Post by mopardwh »

Snowdogg wrote:THE PRICE OF FUEL! :thinking THANK"S GEORGE&*#%^ :moom
George decides the price of gas? Which makes people cheap over $5???? :shame
Doug

MOPAT
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by MOPAT »

Some people are just cheap....
Look at the times a solution to a problem is posted here on the site ie; the Flaming River Steering Box or the Mar-K tail gates (as just 2) and the response from SOME people is.....BUT how about a Toyota or Ferd. "Can't I do it myself?"
SOME people just want to re-invent the wheel every 2 months! IMHO :banghead :censored
68 W200 383/727 Dynatrac 35 spline 4.10 limited slip rear end
68 D200 CS {parts for the '68 W200}
71 D200 CS ADVENTURER{parting out
79 B200 van with 'crate' 360/360hp 3.23 Auburn limited slip
73 CJ5 304V-8 Metal Cab
"They ain't pretty But they're paid for"!

Roger
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Loganville GA
State: GA

Post by Roger »

I guy emailed me via Craigslist wanting my '76 360 rear sump(truck) oil pan. I told him I wanted 25 dollars, he tried to talk me down to 20. I told him new ones were 81 dollars and that was via Summit and that I felt 25 was MORE than fair. Now I haven't heard from the guy. Why are people so cheap? -BD

BigDaddy, Some people and I have a couple of friends are just cheap. They will ALWAYS ask for a discount. They say they save at least a thousand dollars a year that way. Sometimes I will ask for a discount if I feel its warranted (ie: buying a part from a dealer) or if someones part price is out of line, most of the time I will just pay the price, if I need it and the price is fair I pay it. But don't loose sleep over this guy, Some people are just plain cheap, and these are the ones that are all about #1. And if the shoe is reversed on the other foot they don't understand why you asked for a discount because their price is out of line, way out of line. Sleep tight and you'll sell it to someone who will appreciate the deal you are offering, and thank you for it.
Just my :2cents
Roger, '65 4 eyed short bed.

cudajimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Oklahoma
State: OK

Post by cudajimmy »

UPS guy asked me for a discount one time. I asked him if he could get me a discount on shipping. He said "No". I said "Well, you make twice an hour what I do, you can afford living with no discount better than me." He said "well, I had to ask." and bought the parts anyway. If I want to sell something and the price is negotiable, I'll put OBO. If I don't, don't ask.

:2cents
69 Barracuda Notchback 440
61 D100 SWB Poly Auto
65 36' Chris Craft Constellation

BigJ
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by BigJ »

A work for the cable company, and today I ran into a guy from the power company and he asked me to give him free cable. So I said, I'll tell you what, I'll give you free cable if you give me free electricity. Well, that's as far as our conversation went. LOL.

Snowdogg
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Snowdogg »

If you where local , I'd give you $25 for it EASY. I can get one at my local U-Pick-It for $15. It would be well worth the extra $10 not to have to deal with the mud & the crud & grime & slime & not to mention the MEAN OLD dog behind the counter. :lol: :usa

POWWAG
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Maple Valley
State: WA

Post by POWWAG »

Ya, your nuts! Pretty much a flaming whack job, but the price on the pan seems fair.

DaveRoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Greensboro
State: NC

Post by DaveRoss »

Craigslist (to me) is kinda like an internet garage sale or swap meet/flea market.

The price that's asked is ALWAYS negotiable.

If I want $50 for something, I'll ask $60.

That way when they offer $50, I take it and we're BOTH happy.

:2cents
Dave
'71 D100 225 /6
daily driver

MBigDaddyM
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Seattle, WA

Post by MBigDaddyM »

I emailed him and asked if he wanted the pan, he said he had seen them go for 30 on Ebay with the oil pickup. I told him that if he bought it off Ebay there would be a shipping cost and with the length and depth of the pan it was gonna be AT LEAST 10 dollars for shipping. I said we're both local I could meet you, otherwise I'll hang onto it. He gave in and I'm getting 25. Based where he wants to meet and hours he told me he works, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts he works for the Lazy B. (Boeing) Which would mean he makes a good living but is tight with his money. -BD
Delusions of invincibility combined with a strong homicidal urge. I have a kick-your-@#% fetish.
67 D100 CSS
69 Charger
75 Dart Sport
94 Dakota SLT

dodge4life

I think alot people are cheap

Post by dodge4life »

I noticed alot people think that they can scam people out of $$$$ if the person dosen't know what they can get for the item. I would just sell it for the price you want they don't want it oh well. Their is alot more people out their willing to pay the $$ for items. Stand strong and if they don't wann dig in the pockets then sell to someone eleses. :Thumbsup

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: I think alot people are cheap

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

dodge4life wrote:I noticed alot people think that they can scam people out of $$$$ if the person dosen't know what they can get for the item. I would just sell it for the price you want they don't want it oh well. Their is alot more people out their willing to pay the $$ for items. Stand strong and if they don't wann dig in the pockets then sell to someone eleses. :Thumbsup
Its NOT A SCAM to buy something for less when the seller doesnt know what they have.

Roger
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Loganville GA
State: GA

Post by Roger »

dodge4life wrote:
I noticed alot people think that they can scam people out of $$$$ if the person dosen't know what they can get for the item. I would just sell it for the price you want they don't want it oh well. Their is alot more people out their willing to pay the $$ for items. Stand strong and if they don't wann dig in the pockets then sell to someone eleses.
How many times have your said to someone, "that should go for at least $20 more, so I'm gonna give you $20 more than your asking."
I bet not. So your saying if you got a good deal on Ebay your scamming someone because you paid less than what it's worth? I don't understand, I thought it was just getting a good deal. :thinking
Roger, '65 4 eyed short bed.