This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
DaveRoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Greensboro
State: NC

Taking a risk with a political post...LOL

Post by DaveRoss »

John Kerry said "nah" to running for President in 2008.

It's rumored that he said this: You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can run for President. If you don’t, you get stuck in the Senate.

:moom :joker :shame :lol:
Dave
'71 D100 225 /6
daily driver

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Taking a risk with a political post...LOL

Post by Hobcobble »

DaveRoss wrote:John Kerry said "nah" to running for President in 2008.

It's rumored that he said this: You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can run for President. If you don’t, you get stuck in the Senate.

:moom :joker :shame :lol:
I myself was very disappointed to hear he wasn't
going to run for President again!
[NOT!!!! :lol: :joker :dance :clap ]
John

Goldie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Goldie »

By show of hands only, how many out there think any politician has their best interest at heart?

So far I don't see any hands :lol:
63 9 pass fury wagon
US NAVY, 1968 -1972 HS-5, 7, 9, NAS quonset pt. Essex, Wasp, Intrepid, Independence, Forrestal, Saratoga
I didn't do it and if I did I don't remember.

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Post by mopardwh »

He also said he feels he can do more by staying in the Senate, vs. running for President. Good call. Why run the car dealer when you can wash the cars!!! :idea
Doug

cudajimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Oklahoma
State: OK

Post by cudajimmy »

Kerry= :puke
69 Barracuda Notchback 440
61 D100 SWB Poly Auto
65 36' Chris Craft Constellation

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

Goldie wrote:By show of hands only, how many out there think any politician has their best interest at heart?

So far I don't see any hands :lol:
Don't MOST politicians have THIER best interest at heart? :lol:

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

He decided to not run before he decided to run for President. O'' Flip-Flop himself...

Hillary must've had his balls confiscated.
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

It was that or grow a set of her own.What's a girl to do? :lol:

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

cudajimmy wrote:Kerry= :puke
:goodpost, & I thought Hillery was doing a good job NOT :puke
Goldie my hands are up for all these good people thare looking out for us :finger
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Underdodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Underdodge »

Anybody will be better than the last 6 years. He who rules by fear will go down in history as the worst President ever.
Always fear Underdodge is here

70 D100
67 Polara
72 Scamp

DaveRoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by DaveRoss »

Underdodge wrote:Anybody will be better than the last 6 years. He who rules by fear will go down in history as the worst President ever.
Sorry, but the "Anybody But CurrentOccupant" mantra went down in flames in 2004.

It could have been MUCH worse.
Dave
'71 D100 225 /6
daily driver

KTO
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by KTO »

They're all scumbags.

Underdodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Underdodge »

DaveRoss wrote:
Underdodge wrote:Anybody will be better than the last 6 years. He who rules by fear will go down in history as the worst President ever.
Sorry, but the "Anybody But CurrentOccupant" mantra went down in flames in 2004.

Well 70% of Americans agree with me. and he only won with less than 51% of the voter turn out which is a small % of Americans. Not very good numbers for a conservative.
Always fear Underdodge is here

70 D100
67 Polara
72 Scamp

DaveRoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by DaveRoss »

Underdodge wrote:
DaveRoss wrote:

Well 70% of Americans agree with me. and he only won with less than 51% of the voter turn out which is a small % of Americans. Not very good numbers for a conservative.
It's hard to tell when you don't actually cite a real survey. But let's pretend it's legitimate: 70% of the 1000 people they could get ahold of who answered a survey. We had 121.4 million voters in 2004. that means those 1000 people surveyed = .00000823723. that's 8.23 millionths if my math is correct. I hesitate to place a lot of stock in anything with that small of a control group.

Besides, Clinton won both of his elections with less than 50% - 1992 it was 43% - Arkansas was the only state in the entire country that gave Clinton a majority. And you know that if you have an Arkansas High School Diploma and lay it on the dashboard of your sweptline, you can park in any handicapped spot in Oklahoma.

:joker :moom :lol:
Dave
'71 D100 225 /6
daily driver

KTO
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by KTO »

I've never been one for molding my views based on poll numbers I see on TV. I prefer to use my eyes, ears and knowledge of past events.

I'm not a fan of any politician but it if 70% of America acts or "thinks" a certain way...it wouldn't sway my feelings one way or the other on that topic.

I'd say way more than 70% of the country are mindless zombies who are so miserable in their lives they need to be told by TV what they like and what they dont like. Anyone who dievates from the programming is labeled stupid. Ironic eh?

The day I start watching poll numbers and start deciding what is right and what is wrong by mindlessly following the 50.1% who think a particular way is the day I sell my truck, buy a honda (on credit of course), start drinking starbucks, shop at the gap and buy a clone of a clone of a house in the burbs....

and then put a frigging gun down my throat.

Rusty_Quarters
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Madera
State: CA

Post by Rusty_Quarters »

I alway's love a good political debate, especially since I have voted both ways in the past 20 years, I voted for Bush (Papa) (Lyin SOB) Then Voted Clinton Twice (Lyin SOB but with more style, and Charisma) then Bush (Son of SOB, SOB doesn't fall far from the SOB Tree) and wish I would have voted for Gore cause Like Underdodge says anything is better than this stubborn peice of work that blew our credibility with the rest of the world out the window when he decided to go to Iraq and drag the rest of us with him, I was all for Afghanistan and Bin Laden, But, could never see the purpose in Iraq other than to try and clear his daddy's name for not going in there, which cost his daddy the second term. Now were all just riding the crazy train and tickets cost how may billions or trillions or whatever per day, week, month. Also, don't believe any polls, but know for sure way more people have changed their tune about Georgie. :banghead :pale :thinking :moom