New member in Kaintucky [Kentucky]

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"

New member in Kaintucky [Kentucky]

Postby green69longbed » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi yall, my name is Pete from south central KY. Been reading posts for a while, and searching for a D100 to bring home! Finally bought a 69 longbed out of Tennessee. It has been in the shop for the last 2 weeks, got many problems, but I hope to get it back on the road soon. The truck was a Forest Service truck from new with only 3 options, 318, 727, and 1250 LB front springs. A Chrysler pushbutton AM radio was added soon after delivery. I removed this and put the block-off plate back in [was still in the glove box after all these years!] Somebody painted my truck 1969 "Pine Green" from the original Medium Green, but I bought it anyway. Its pretty straight, has some rust too, but I plan to drive and enjoy it and use it as a truck some [no manure hauling]. Oh, it also came with 2 build sheets, a sheet showing how it was built and invoiced [kind of looks like a window sticker]. Can someone out there in the forum PLEASE tell me the part # for the original radiator on this truck. I have exhausted every source I could find, with no luck. Would like to put a correct Chrysler radiator on it. Thank you all for reading, and thanks for letting me join your forum!
Last edited by green69longbed on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
green69longbed
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

City: Glasgow
State: KY

Re: New member in Kaintucky [Kentucky]

Postby powerwagon54 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:01 pm

pm sent
powerwagon54
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

City: Washougal
State: WA

Postby Hobcobble » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:30 pm

Welcome to the site! :Thumbsup :welcome :usa You've come to the
right place for all the help you'll need to whip that truck back into shape.

John
Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby soopernaut » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:14 pm

It is pretty uncommon to find original paperwork. It would be interesting to see if you want to post it.
soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Postby green69longbed » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:42 pm

Will do soon as I get it back. Fuel system was major messed up from sitting. The job was out over my skill level. Will be a driver soon! Next job: radiator replaced with a correct Chrysler unit.
green69longbed
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

City: Glasgow
State: KY

Return to GENERAL CHIT CHAT (NON-TECHNICAL)