New Sweptline Owner

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: New Sweptline Owner

Post by Hobcobble »

JohnnySLC wrote: It was used as a grocery getter for many years, thankfully the grocery store is just down the block.
There might be 100K miles worth of "midnight snacks" you're unaware of though..... :thinking :lol: :lol: :joker
John

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

wally426ci wrote:You couldn't care less :joker

:lol:
Aw geez Shawn!... :lol: Let's let him settle in for a week or two before
we start working on grammar and punctuation. :lol: :clap Should we
tell him about the written test yet? :thinking :joker
John

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

:lol: I'm sorry - I had to. :joker All in good fun.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Hey, its better to be mor-on than mor-off! :joker

vroc4507
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Sanborn
State: IA

Post by vroc4507 »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:What makes u guys think the odometers have not turned over?
EVERY new swepty owner shows up here and claims their truck has just XX,XXX "original" miles when they get it. Yet they always beaters that have not been running for years. Who would park a truck and leave it unused if it was that new? Unless u have a mileage log documenting use since new, u really cant tell how many miles are on a truck.
U can't have beat to hell kingpins and have less than 100,000 miles on the truck.... :shame
Yeah as a matter of fact I do have documentation that my truck's mileage is true. Was bought from a local dealer about 20 miles from here. Thanks for insinuating that I'm a liar though, makes me feel great!

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

Heck, My truck has less than 3000 miles on it. Well the motor does cause I have not put more than that on it since it was rebuilt 12 years ago. Now as to the truck well I can't really say. Its had probably 4 or 5 different speedos in it over the last 38 years as its been apart 5 times in that time. Gets new original mileage every time its taken apart . :lol: :moom

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

vroc4507 wrote: Thanks for insinuating that I'm a liar though, makes me feel great!
Don't sweat it. Terry was just bringing up a valid point.... in his own way. :lol:
John :Thumbsup

vroc4507
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by vroc4507 »

Hobcobble wrote:
vroc4507 wrote: Thanks for insinuating that I'm a liar though, makes me feel great!
Don't sweat it. Terry was just bringing up a valid point.... in his own way. :lol:
John :Thumbsup
That's cool. There's always one in every crowd that has to make themselves feel better by pointing out what they perceive to be someone else's shortcomings. Presentation is everything and I guess I would have thought that a man of integrity and a "sweptline.org pioneer" would have maybe welcomed a couple of newbies to the board rather than bashing them. :thinking

It is what it is, but thanks for manning up for him!

Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: houston
State: TX

Post by Txas2step »

Don't rush to judgement on Terry . I think you will find out that he is kinda like that teacher you had in High School that challenged you and you didn't like that much., but in your later years , the light came on and you realized he/she was right on. :2cents

W20071
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Huntsville
State: UT

Post by W20071 »

Maybe Terry has just dealt with too many used car lots :lol: I wouldn't take it too hard, i know a lot of people like him. They are constantly busting your balls in what they think is fun, but they are the first ones to help you out if you need anything. Sometimes it's hard to say what's on your mind without offending someone. It's been my experience with these trucks that mileage doesn't always mean much, it depends a lot on what they were used for, and it seems most of them were used for work. I would rather have a truck with 150,000 highway miles than one with 50,000 off road miles. I don't think anyone here considers anyone else here a liar, it's just an incredibly good place for questions.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

I never insinuated anything, especially that someone is a liar. If someone is a liar, I will call it straight out, no insinuation needed.
I made a statement that if someone claims their truck is low miles, they need to provide the documentation to back it up (prove it).
In 12 yrs on these forums Ive seen plenty of bull, and it never ceases. Sorry if my bluntness bothered u, but I wont resort to name calling, except on rare occasion, ie "sheep boy" hacks back into the forum.
Welcome to the board vroc, your avatar pic looks like a decent truck.

Plastic trucks suck... :shame
Iron trucks rule! :Thumbsup

42 WC63 6x6
59 D500 parts truck
61 D100 392 hemi project
62 W300
62 D400 dumper parts truck
63 D100 parts truck
63 D200 Crew Ute 413 NP420 parts truck
64 D100 Ute
64 D100 CSS Ute
65 D100 CSS Ute
66 D100 CTD NV4500 Daily Driver
66 D300 parts truck
66 W300 parts truck
66 W500
66 W500 parts truck
67 D200 CS parts truck
67 C500
67 D500 chassis/flatbed
68 D100 Adventure 383 727 parts truck
68 W200
68 D400 parts truck
69 D200 parts truck
69 D300 long chassis
69 W300 parts truck
69 D400 dumper
70 D100 parts truck
70 D200 CS parts truck
70 W100 383 NP445
70 W200 318 NP435
70 W200 383 NP435
70 W200 Crew 383 NP445 parts truck
70 W300 parts truck
70 W500 parts truck
71 D100 parts truck
71 D100 Adventurer
71 D200 CS
71 D200 CS Adventurer parts truck
71 W300 rock crawler project

vroc4507
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by vroc4507 »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:I never insinuated anything, especially that someone is a liar. If someone is a liar, I will call it straight out, no insinuation needed.
I made a statement that if someone claims their truck is low miles, they need to provide the documentation to back it up (prove it).
In 12 yrs on these forums Ive seen plenty of bull, and it never ceases. Sorry if my bluntness bothered u, but I wont resort to name calling, except on rare occasion, ie "sheep boy" hacks back into the forum.
Welcome to the board vroc, your avatar pic looks like a decent truck.
Thank you. I apologize if I took it out of context and judged too quickly. Yes, I suppose there does appear to be an over abundance of low mileage trucks out there. :lol: I may also have been a little cranky, I've been working for the last 34 yrs of my life and now find myself without a job. It really sucks!

I do enjoy the group and have learned lots in the short time I've been a member. I've owned a number of Dodge trucks, but this is my 1st sweptline and although I've been driving old trucks for 30+ yrs, (my 1st being a '66 chevy heavy half), I admittedly don't know a lot about these sweptys.

Btw............very impressive collection of trucks! :Thumbsup

Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Txas2step »

Glad every boby kissed and made up....thought PopeJohn(Hobcobble) was going to have to intervene. :lol: :joker

facechicken
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Baileyville
State: KS

Post by facechicken »

Nah, "Pope John" interviens when it gets political........Scott and Ben jump in when tempers get flared :lol:

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

vroc4507 wrote:
Thank you. I apologize if I took it out of context and judged too quickly. Yes, I suppose there does appear to be an over abundance of low mileage trucks out there. :lol: I may also have been a little cranky, I've been working for the last 34 yrs of my life and now find myself without a job. It really sucks!

I do enjoy the group and have learned lots in the short time I've been a member. I've owned a number of Dodge trucks, but this is my 1st sweptline and although I've been driving old trucks for 30+ yrs, (my 1st being a '66 chevy heavy half), I admittedly don't know a lot about these sweptys.

Btw............very impressive collection of trucks! :Thumbsup
I've met Terry in person. He's as good as they come.... :Thumbsup
I've learned a ton from him..... and bought about a half ton of parts
from him... :lol: :lol:
John

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

As for the "Pope" comments..... :shame ..... Robes and slippers don't do it for me....
I've always been a jeans/flannel shirt guy.... :lol:
John

Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Txas2step »

I would pay dearly to see you in robe and slippers. :lol: ( driving around in your bubble domed sweptline.)

nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rio Linda
State: CA

Post by nytemuvr »

One way to quick check is the rubber on the brake and clutch pedals....any wear, it's probably turned over at least once, unless the rubber has been changed. Paperwork and receipts are the most difinitive.